Sad day - need to stop lifting weights

Thanks again, Soapmaker, for the great info! Because I'm anal I have one last question. :D I know it's trial and error but did your father take the 2 caps once a day or one in the a.m. and one in the p.m. and did he take it with or without food? In doing some reading, both have been acceptable but I always tend to think one way works better.

Several people have encouraged me to make the broth as you described. I've got lots going on in my life so I look for easy things to do and haven't committed to taking the time to make the broth. Perhaps I will in the near future.

I'm very familiar with turmeric and have used it in the past but probably not long enough.

I will continue to commit myself to finding the solution. I've tried many things in the past but because I get little or no relief, I stop. It's been probably 18 years that I started with my back issues and then neck/shoulder/hip/joints, well, you get the picture. :rolleyes:

All of the information you have provided is much appreciated. I will report what seems to be working.

Bam

I will continue to commit myself to finding the solution. I've tried many things in the past but because I get little or no relief, I stop. It's been probably 18 years that I started with my back issues and then neck/shoulder/hip/joints, well, you get the picture. :rolleyes:

Bam

Bam,
My dad took 1 pill with breakfast and one with dinner. Now he takes it with breakfast.

The 5-Loxin will work if you are dealing with arthritis. I don't know about anything else. You really need to figure out the underlying cause for your pains with the help of medical professionals. I don't know if you ruled out muscle imbalances. They can cause a lot of pain. Have you seen a PT? They can figure it out very quickly. It is a process of elimination I'm afraid.

Bam,
My dad took 1 pill with breakfast and one with dinner. Now he takes it with breakfast.

The 5-Loxin will work if you are dealing with arthritis. I don't know about anything else. You really need to figure out the underlying cause for your pains with the help of medical professionals. I don't know if you ruled out muscle imbalances. They can cause a lot of pain. Have you seen a PT? They can figure it out very quickly. It is a process of elimination I'm afraid.

Hi Soapmaker. I've had a lot of things going on for a long time and I've been to many people to find solutions but it just hasn't happened. I will continue to look until I find what works for me ----- if I don't crack up in the meantime. :eek: I'm really looking forward to trying the 5-Loxin which I will be ordering soon.

Thanks again for your help!

Bam

Hey Bam! To add to the amazing info that DirtDiva has been giving. I just scrounged up my hidden stockpile of Neocell Hydrolyzed Collagen Types 1 & 3 (can get at iHerb.com) deep in my cupboard (forgot that I had it :eek:). And it says to take it with Vitamin C to absorb it and yes, your right don't take it within at least 1/2 hour from any proteins you've ingested. So, finally I'm starting to take it starting just 2 days ago! So we'll see. DirtDiva's onto a good thang here! And I mix it with a quarter of a Redoxan effervescent vitamin C tab (equals 250mg) in water and drink (my vitamin C powders don't mix well in water, I usually blend these).

I would encourage you to also go with DirtDiva's advice on MSM. The only reason why I haven't incorporated it yet for my joints and tendons is that I heard it can cause increased dreaming and vivid dreams. And I already have a unique problem with this ~ I have a sleep problem and this is one of my MAJOR issues ~ and magnesium of any sort (such as in raw cacao, or in multi-vitamins) can excerbate it BIG TIME!! So I'm very weary of taking this right now. Though I ALWAYS encourage others to take it, as most people don't have this sensitivity and I believe in the major efficacy of it. DirtDiva have you noticed any increased dreaming with MSM??? Would love to know. ... For instance I just started taking a new whole food multi-vit by MegaFoods called Baby & Me Herb Free (I like to take prenatal ones as they tend to be cleaner, less for me to react to). Your supposed to take 2 a day but I started with just 1. And wouldn't you know it, the magnesium was giving me wicked dreams and I'd wake in a dream-hallucination stupor not unlike narcoleptics. So I had to pause. Then I just started taking Carlson's Liquid Fish Oil this week (for tendon joint health, you get a much higher dose with liquid than pills) and decided to try the multi again. Well wouldn't you know it the DHA in the fish oil protected my sleep centers in my brain from reacting crazily to the magnesium. Holy Supplements Batman!! I love it when you end up doing an accidental experiment on yourself and the darn supplement works!! This EPA/DHA is for real, and I'm sold now!! Lol!! Talk about eat your fishies!! :D So bottom line the great supps for tendons, joints like DirtDiva said are:

• MSM: OptiMSM
• Neocell Super Collagen Types 1 & 3 OR Great Lakes OR Jarrows with Vitamin C powder/Camu Camu powder OR a Kiwi/strawberries/oranges (taken 1/2 hour from protein)
• Hylauronic Acid
• Liquid Fish Oil (the higher the better)
• Chrondoitin & Glucosamine
• Eat your Fishies ~ or do what DirtDivaDoes (eat loads of salmon)!! LOL!! :D

Hi twinkletoes129. I just realized that I hadn't thanked you for all of your great suggestions. :( I'm sorry for the delay. You provided great info and I am using yours and everyone else's advice. I hope the OP is finding all of this useful as I know it is her thread.

So sorry to hear about your wild dreams but am glad you found an "accidental" suppressor in the fish oil. Maybe you can feel confident in trying the MSM now if you feel guided to do so. I've only been on the MSM for one week and I "think" I may have experienced more dreams but it's been nothing crazy. I am still observing any reactions. I'm wondering if you took it only in the day time if that would still effect your dreams. I started another thread to continue this discussion and will post any updates there. Isn't having a sensitive system fun? NOT! :mad: But, at least we are in tune with our bodies to find what CAN work for us. Please keep us posted on how the supplements are working for you and thanks again for your input.

Bam

Hey DirtDiva, glad you got the Y.S. Royal Jelly. What a riot it was frozen! That would've happened to me in Toronto too if I ordered now in this deep winter we're having! I hope it's nicely thawed by now and that your enjoying it. It makes a lovely sweetener in my morning green smoothie! :)

Hey Bam! Thanks for understanding about my wild dreaming partays I have. It's actually not quite the party to have them though. Lol! So if anything helps it's a blessing! Lol! Thanks for sharing your sleep response with the MSM. If you "think" you may have increased dreaming, it might be true. But obviously it's very slight and unintrusive with you which I'm sure is with most people. Great to know it's going well. In answer to your question about taking it during the day. It doesn't make a difference at all when I take it. Most of the times I'm taking these supplements when I get up AND it still has a massive effect on my sleep centers. It's very sneaky as I won't feel any hint of a side-effect during the day and them BAM (no pun intended! lol!) it hits my like a sneak missile attack in my sleep. Very disconcerting to say the least! But so far my wonderful accidental suppressor is working like a charm for my multi-vitamin. At this point I'm going to wait at least 6 months to a year or if I get truely desparate before I use myself as a guinea pig for the MSM. One thing at a time is my motto on questionables, especially now with SoapMaker's input on MSM.

FOR TENDONITIS:

Also, I wanted to mention to put your excellent sleuthing research skills to use and and look up these amazing therapies specifically for tendonitis, scar tissue and soft tissue injuries called Active Release Therapy (ART)(About Active Release Techniques (ART) - Kinetic Health Calgary | Active Release with Kinetic Health) and another similar form of therapy called ASTYM. Both are superior in the treatment of tendonitis and I highly encourage you to look into getting this treatment for your what seems like long standing tendonitis. This therapy specifically works directly on the tendons using hands or small tools to ply and stretch and soften the ropy beef jerky like tendons that we get from tendonitis and directly softens, stretches out, breaks down all the scar tissue, makes pliable the tendons and therefore rids you of the inflammation. It really did the trick for my stubborn bicep brachealis tendonitis so now I can do weights again. And as you know tendonitis is stubborn!! And also there's nothing like breaking down scar tissue. I got simple massages that my sports medicine doctor prescribed years ago for the scar tissue that built up over the many years in my back due to mild scoliosis. Mild is a misnomer! I had no idea till then that scar tissue can build up over time and cause all that pain! It was years of PAIN! But I thought my doctor was kinda clutching at straws! Fool that I was! And after just 3-4 treatments I was pain free for years!! Just from breaking down that scar tissue and inflammation. And that was just massage! So, now I NEVER underestimate these types of modalities for soft tissue injuries. You really have to get in there and manually manipulate those tendons. Kinda like the use of foam rollers for runners or anybody working out their legs alot (form rollers are used for every part of the body that has scarred or knotted muscles or tendons are tight, for example the famous IT Band in the leg, the nemisis of runners) that they use all the time for maintenance home treatment and in all physiotherapy offices. Everybody knows now that all these various forms of manual manipulation treatments for all sorts of modalities is the top line treatment. But specifically for tendonitis its ART or ASTYM therapy. ART being the more popular though ASTYM is just as good if not better! Do look into it, I highly recommend you getting treatment. :)

And great idea putting up the new thread! :D

H twinkletoes129. Thanks for all the GREAT info. I'll respond more on the MSM, etc. thread. May take a few days.

Have a great day!

Bam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.