Ryka Affirm XT

tygra

Cathlete
Anyone use these as high intensity cardio shoe (ie Imaxes, MIC - hi.lo aerobics)? Please give me your thoughts

TIA

Hi - just bumping up for those that will be on for day. I have other Rykas, but am curious about these. TIA

Hi,

I too seem to always be on the hunt for the perfect sneaker. Problem is everytime I find one I like the style gets discontinued.

Ryka Affirm XT is a pretty good shoe, good arch support and good heel cushioning. I have had bouts of plantar fascitis in the past, but not since using the Affirm. I find the toe box to be a little on the wide side, but I have a fairly narrow foot. Ryka's tend to run smallish - I wear a size 11 and the Affirms are the first Ryka that fit me in length.

I am an advanced exerciser (and personal trainer) and I do several high intensity high impact Cathe workouts per week.

I have been wearing pair #1 for about 4 months now and just bought 3 more pair through Zappos.com. I figure I am good to go for about 2 years now :D

Hope this helps,
Debbie Russo

To be honest...I really don't think you could go wrong with any Ryka purchase....My last Ryka's were the Affirm's....LOVED them!! I wore them for 6 months, and now am wearing Ryka circuit!! I LOVE these as well!! Good luck finding your perfect shoe!!

~Nicole

HI, I never tried the Affirm but I switch between RythymII, Sytlus & N Gage Studio. I never wear my sneakers outside., I only use them an hour a day, 5 days a week. Does anyone know how long they should last me? I have had the Stylus for years now & they do not seem to be worn ata all. I have emailed Ryka a few times with taht question but I have never received an answer. Any help?

I wear my workout shoes only when I do my workouts...I always buy a pair of those 20.00 shoe inserts ...I think you are suppose to get new shoes every 6 months..... I can tell when I need a new pair, and it always seems around the 6 month mark... Hope this helps!!
~Nicole

Adding......My shoe still look like new at the 6 month mark, but I can tell by the support and feel of the shoe...hope that makes sense to you:D

Thanks everyone! I have the Rhythm II and like them, but wore them out in about 4 months with the high intensity cardio. I use the Ryka Light XT for weights - those will last longer. I just got the n-gage ones, but liked them the first night, then my arches seem to get sore and cramp a bit - I have to stretch them a lot.

May try the Affirm

Also interested in the Ryka N-Gage Instructor - looks a little lower on the ankle, and it's supposed to be for instructors, so it must be nice and cushiony??

Thanks again

HI, I have the n-Gage Instructor & I love them. They are just as comfortable as the Rythm II which I also love. I bought them on ebay from a dealer called WalkingSue or something like that. I have purchased all my Rykas from her & have never had a problem.

Karen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.