RWH Series

Candice2015

Cathlete
I currently own 3 of the 7 dvds in this series and want to complete the set. My body really has a hard time with high impact now I am concerned with the Plyo disc (I have read it is hard), is this disc really important in the overall set? If not, any suggestions of a good substitute that would still allow me to obtain good results without the high impact plyo? I just don't want to spend money on a dvd that I really probably won't be able to do.

:) I certainly do not feel that any plyo has to be incusive in rotations, but that's just my opinion on it!
http://www.amazon.com/Ripped-HiiT-P...UTF8&qid=1461631757&sr=8-3&keywords=plyo+HiiT

I agree with you Elsie, spot on! This one above is taxing on legs and wouldn't be recommended to
anyone with joint issues. That said it serve a purpose of gaining strength, leaning legs and building bone density:)
Plyo is not the only type of training meeting bone density building goal --- Barre is certainly not!

One who does not like and/or is not able to do such plyo for any "reason", Please do not
do it.:):)

Now, before my obnoxious friend out there come up with lengthy smack talk, Here is an
article listing barre benefit. Clearly building bone density is not included.

http://cathe.com/barre-workouts-can-they-change-the-shape-of-your-body
Oh BTW plyo#2 is one of my favourite, It does serve a purpose and I shall point it out
at my discretion as many time as It pleases me!!!!:eek::eek::oops:o_O

Last edited:
I went ahead and ordered the other discs and passed on the Plyo Hiit, just no way my knees can handle it so no sense in buying something that I won't end up using.

Could someone give me a good substitution to use on the days that Plyo Hiit is on the rotation. Thanks

I went ahead and ordered the other discs and passed on the Plyo Hiit, just no way my knees can handle it so no sense in buying something that I won't end up using.

Could someone give me a good substitution to use on the days that Plyo Hiit is on the rotation. Thanks

All Out Low Impact HiiT from Xtrain, also Tabatacise. Do you own those? How about the HiiT DVD from a shock cardio series: it has 30/30, 40/20 and double wave pyramid workouts on it. You could also string together all the cardio HiiT intervals from ICE Bootcamp and Chiselled Lower Body in a premix, cardio only, add in the same cardio only bits from Xtrain Cardio leg Blast and you've got it. Don't forget you could also do the low impact step blasts from low Max, all the blasts sections togther, taking out the routines, and this would be HiiT that's low impact. Work those premixes!

Clare

Here is my suggestion. INTENSITY, the yellow one contain low impact plyo Hiit premixes. Those are less demanding
on your knees.

30/30 Hiit is too demanding on your knee. It could exacerbate any current knee issue. I have included the clip
for you to view for yourself! All the very best:)

Hi

I also have knee issues. I've had arthoscopies on both my knees, which have not been due to exercise. I twisted them whilst dog walking lol. I find some plyo moves okay. Such as jacks and high knees. However, I do have problems with the RWH Cardio as I can't jump on the higher step and also hopping on one leg at a time is just too painful for me. I just try and do what I can. I think also its working with what you have and doing the things you can.

Also I have recently thought about attending a gym so I can have access to heavier weights. I do think heavy weight is needed to increase strength in the legs (or anywhere else). I am restricted as I have only limited weights. I went to a local gym and tried to do squats with an olympic barbell, but because the barbell was much larger than I was used to I had real issues keeping my balance whilst squatting. Strange, but I could only do the squat movement with an unloaded olympic barbell. Not very good for strength gains lol.

Laura

Also I have recently thought about attending a gym so I can have access to heavier weights. I do think heavy weight is needed to increase strength in the legs (or anywhere else). I am restricted as I have only limited weights.

@Pippadog1

Hope you do not mind me asking:) Are you working with a personal trainer to help you achieve strength and balance?
How heavy have you been lifting at home so far? Enjoy your gym membership Laura:):)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.