Running?

LizC7

Cathlete
So I hear a lot of suggestions to add running for leaning out (specifically for legs). Can I get the same benefits on an elliptical? I have one and would be easier to incorporate into my workouts. Any suggestions on setting goals or making it more exciting?

When I want to loose cellulite/fat from my lower body spinning and/or running do the trick. I dont' see why a ellipital can't give you results. The main thing for me is at least 20 min of hiit followed by steady state for 40. I usually will do a 5 min power walk then do different sprint/run/jog intervals for 20 min followed by steady state jog/power walk. I also do a similar routine with the spin bike. I'm also 46 so I have to work harder to keep slim.

I found this article and if read toward the bottom of the article it address women's fat storage. I found this several years ago and incorporated the cardio suggestion to get rid of cellulite.

http://www.simplyshredded.com/the-ultimate-female-training-guide.html

Thank you so much! I'm so thrilled to hear that you do this and have successfully had results with cellulite! I love spin as well so that will be going into the rotation now!

When I want to loose cellulite/fat from my lower body spinning and/or running do the trick. I dont' see why a ellipital can't give you results. The main thing for me is at least 20 min of hiit followed by steady state for 40. I usually will do a 5 min power walk then do different sprint/run/jog intervals for 20 min followed by steady state jog/power walk. I also do a similar routine with the spin bike. I'm also 46 so I have to work harder to keep slim.

I found this article and if read toward the bottom of the article it address women's fat storage. I found this several years ago and incorporated the cardio suggestion to get rid of cellulite.

http://www.simplyshredded.com/the-ultimate-female-training-guide.html

Major change in diet has helped me the most. But I am also a spinner. Never thought I would get rid of my cellulite but it has disappeared. I'm 45...best shape of my life.

Major change in diet has helped me the most. But I am also a spinner. Never thought I would get rid of my cellulite but it has disappeared. I'm 45...best shape of my life.

This was so amazing to read and thank you again for responding. I am 45 also and definitely looking to be in the best shape of my life as well (and getting close)! Can you please share how often you do spinning, which programs and any other helpful tips!!! Thank you thank you!

Hello. I love spin as well. My sister just bought a Peloton spin bike. She loves it and has been raving about the spin workouts that are created by the same company. Studio Sweat on demand has some too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was so amazing to read and thank you again for responding. I am 45 also and definitely looking to be in the best shape of my life as well (and getting close)! Can you please share how often you do spinning, which programs and any other helpful tips!!! Thank you thank you!

I spin about 2-3 times per week with different instructors at the gym. I do kickboxing 1-2x per week also at the gym and the rest are Cathe workouts. I don't follow a set routine. I am not big into weight only workouts so I usually do metabolic or circuit training. I do have gym styles and will on occasion do heavier weights. The biggest help has really been my diet changes. I don't eat pasta or bread. Occasionally low carb bread/products. Most of my carbs are veggies, seeds/nuts, and cheese. I eat more protein and good fats. It has been a little over a year and I feel great overall. Good luck!

Running really leaned out my legs, and I've learned to hate it less. I'll do it 1-2x/week tops. And I run SLOW. But I've seen the shape of my legs change as a result, for the better.
And I've been a Cathe follower for years, so there's already a lot of leg work that I've been doing related to cardio.
But there's something about that motion...
So maybe an elliptical would do it? The motion seems very similar.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.