running

bhall07

I just have a question for the runners. I recently started the beginner runners schedule in RW and I am up to 4:1 minutes of running/walking. I just ordered Cathe's ME and was going to try and do it twice a week, but my question is do you think that is enough? I also have been working on my core the days that I run before my stretch. Any advice would be appreciated.

Beth

Hi Beth...it really depends on what your goals are. Some runners like to lift and some don't. I have run for about 30 years and feel that weight training has always benefited my running, and for the most part prevented injuries. Are you trying to improve your running? Or tone up? I am happy to help...:)

carole, just wanted to let you know how great it is to have someone that is so willing to help any new runners. You are so helpful.

beth- please check out our cheetahs check'in'. lots of help and friendly advice from runners. esp. our beloved ms. carole;)

Thanks Carole....I am actually just focused on being able to run for 30 minutes right now 4 times a week and then I will gradually build up from there. I have been doing the firm for many years but I have a lot of cathe's videos too, so I want to tone also. I just am not sure how to put together a schedule. Thanks for your help.

IMO you really need to play around with it and see what works best for you. You want to be able to get the most out of both your running AND your weights and not everyone's body will like the same plan.

I second the invite over to the Cheetahs! We love new people!:)

Karen..thank you...:)

Sunny..thank you too...:)

Beth...I am also a former Firmie. I think doing ME twice a week and maybe some core work 3 times a week is a great start. You could also split up ME and do lower twice a week (maybe not on running days) and upper twice a week.

I do agree with Sunny, Cathy and Wendy and join the cheetah check-in. The other cheetahs there would also be glad to help and would welcome you...:)

Thanks ladies..I appreciate your advice and I would love to check out the cheetahs but where do I go to get to that?

Beth

Go the to the drop down menu below and click on the Check Ins & Challenges option. The Cheetahs are in there. We start a new thread every day. Hope to see you soon!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.