Runners?

buneknek

Cathlete
Who are the runners on these forum? How long you have been running? What shoes do u wear? And if u want to enter your PR go right ahead. I just want to get to know who u are:)
My name is Raciela have been running for a year. I wear brooks glycerin. First half marathon 1:48, 10k 50mins, 5k 23 & something secs.

I'm a runner! I've been running for 38 years. I started with a PE course I took in college in 1974. It was called "Jogging", but one of the football coaches taught it, and we certainly did not "jog"! :eek: He ran us to death, and I fell in love with running because of him.

I am not that fast. I run a 10 minute mile. I run 3 to 5 miles every day, depending on the weather.

I wear Mizuno Wave Riders.

I would like to caution though... while it's interesting to know what shoes everyone wears to run in, do not use someone else's success with a particular brand or style as a reason to try it yourself. You need to be fitted by someone who knows shoes and knows running, and wear what works best for you!

JeanneMarie said:
I'm a runner! I've been running for 38 years. I started with a PE course I took in college in 1974. It was called "Jogging", but one of the football coaches taught it, and we certainly did not "jog"! :eek: He ran us to death, and I fell in love with running because of him.

I am not that fast. I run a 10 minute mile. I run 3 to 5 miles every day, depending on the weather.

I wear Mizuno Wave Riders.

I would like to caution though... while it's interesting to know what shoes everyone wears to run in, do not use someone else's success with a particular brand or style as a reason to try it yourself. You need to be fitted by someone who knows shoes and knows running, and wear what works best for you!

I agree... I have tried Mizuno but had to return it coz of my wide feet!
You have been running for 38years! Wow!

I'm a high school track dropout. :p

I picked up running officially when I was in college. Ran on and off since then but didn't fall in love with it until 2008 when I ran my first 5K. Nothing special as far as time. I was just pleased as a pickle to run the whole thing without walking. I've got a total of three 5K's under my belt now and will be running my first 10K in May. I don't run against anyone else but myself. In 2008 I started out as just a seasonal runner, meaning just in the summers, for the most part. But now, since I've joined a gym, I've been running more this winter. Usually 2-3 times a week.

Running doesn't come naturally to me, so I consider it a big accomplishment when I can run 3 miles in a row. ;) Ha! However, I am hoping to beat my 5K PR later this spring or summer. We'll see ....

Hi:

I've been a runner on and off since I was 15 ("off" periods dictated by small kids, awful climates--Pennsylvania, PhD work and injuries!). But it remains today my favourite form of exercise and the only one I care so passionately about.

I wear Asics gel 2160 (having loved the 2140, then the 2150....). I also have orthotics inside, custom made to help cut down on those injuries.

I'm not interested in competition. I am an A type over-achieving personality, I need to not add more stress/competition and drive to my life through running races. I ran races in college: never much liked it.

I just love to run in competition with myself, for myself and I grin insanely about 10 mins into every run when it just feels so good..... I run with music, always, love treadmills and will never join the barefoot movement!

Clare

Hi Raciela,

I started running 36 years ago, when I was in High School. Took some years off the end of the 80's due to Achilles tendinitis. Found Cathe in 90-91. Started running again in 92 and ran my 1st marathon in 1997. Fell in love with distance running. Right now I wear Brooks Adrenaline in wide as I have a bunion and wide shoes do not aggravate it. My marathon PR is 3:30 which I did in 1999. Can't remember many other different distance PR's as they were so long ago!! Now it takes me about 4:45 to 5:15 to complete a marathon. I am working on trying to get some speed back. I did a half marathon Feb 5th in 2:01:24 (wanted to get under 2 hours) Good job on your PR's. Keep up the running and nice to meet you..:)

I started running in 2007 and did my first 5K in 2008 and was hooked on racing. I did do a 3-year stint on the high school track team but that was in late 70's when everything was still in yards. I did the 440 yard dash and did 2 other 440 events that were part of relays. That seemed like a long distance for me. I really didn't take my track career seriously and really would have done better at softball. Running doesn't come easy for me.

Since 2008 I have done 76 races and am currently training for my 4th half marathon scheduled for next month.

I wear Saucony Progrid Ride shoes.

I am a SLOW runner as in 11+ minute mile slow. I only compete with myself though.

I was at a race last weekend and there was a 78 year old woman that ran the 12K and was honored for having completed her 1000th race.

I am another runner. I started when I was in 4th grade, so over 30 years ago. I was never considered fast, usually the 5th person picked for a relay team...so the alternate. Even when I got faster, the coach would pick his daughter over me. So I was convinced that I was slow. Anyway, I ran throughout grade school, and did cross county and track (mile and 800 meters mainly). Didn't run in High School...figured I was too slow. Played Field Hockey, Basketball, and Softball instead. Went to college, ran on my own to lose the freshman 15, by my senior year, the college cross country team heard about me and asked to run for them. I ended up being there top runner, although we weren't very good. Anyway, that was the real start of my competitive running. I realized that I was pretty good and became competitive. Haven't stopped since, however, I don't run as much as I used to and I am faster now because I cross train with Cathe workout DVDs (and added more strength into my routine). My PRs were listed below. Hoping for more PRs now that I am a Masters runner.

I have been running on and off since 2001(lost 36 pounds in 4 months)....I have always been ahtletic and played sports through my junior high and high school years(everything that i could do that didn't conflict with each other)....but was never a "runner" per say....but after gaining the freshman 30....yeah 30....i started running to lose weight and have loved it ever since (even tho i haven't been totally consistent)....but i'm starting back consistently now, b/c i'm getting ready to run in my first marathon this year, which i'm excited about, and hopefully will continue to run in marathons to keep my running up(and hopefully get the rest of this weight off of me).....i have a pair of reebok and new balance that i use and alternate when i run b/c they are usually wider for my feet:)

I ran back in High School 9-12 grade. Did cross country, indoor track, and spring track: mile and 2 mile. stopped after that. took up running again in mid 90's. try to run 2-3x week anywherefrom 2.5-5 miles. Never ran a race (except in HS). I'm not fast: an 8-10 minute mile, but I run for fun and to get my heart rate up. And I always run alone.

I've been running since 2001. I've done a marathon, half marathons, and right now I'm doing 5ks here and there. My PR is 25:30 and I achieved that just last year (took me years!). Running has always been hard for me.

Right now I'm wearing Brooks.

There's at least 10 of us here! Thats amazing! I've never done sports in my younger years because of my height 4'10 but I believe doing Cathe's workout made me feel good about my self & will never thought could run half marathon. My goal is to run full marathon but I need extra time for training...

I ran cross country in high school and then started to run after kids to get back in shape. I have run one full marathon and 3 half marathons. Planning to train for another half this spring with my ds. :D Also have done a variety of short runs like charity 5kms and marathon relay teams over the years. I'm a slow runner but enjoy the experience. My marathon time was 4hr 46 mins and my halfs were 2:01 2:13 and 2:18.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.