Runners Check-in Sun June 4

Hi Karen- I havent checked the open forum yet for the story, I'll go there next. Just wanted to reply how happy I was to see you post and that you and your girls are doing okay!

Mattea- WTG!!!! Wow girl- what a fantastic time for a difficult course! How nice to have your DH running with you too:)

Barb- You put in an awesome effort for your first HM...you are indeed a worthy cheetah!:7 Finishing running that distance the first time is a very proud moment. Hold your head high girl! Great job with the hills, they can't beat you!

Cathy- good to hear from you! I figured KPC would get to ya! Great workout. I didn't care much for kickboxing initially but it has grown on me lately. But, I'm with you, running will always be #1

shelly

Oh, how I wish I was crafty like Carole with those smiley thingys she also inserts in her posts! LOL

Karen-I posted over on the Open Forum for you. But, we all feel the same about our Cheetah Girls. Friends....strange how some that we have never met can give us such inspiration.

To use Carole's words, "And I will say I am truly amazed at what runners can accomplish:. Not just in running.....IN LIFE!

Gayle

Hi everyone! I haven't checked in for a few days. I've been busy!

I noticed that Carole remembered that I ran a 5K this morning so I wanted to check in and let you all know that I suck!!

I ran it slower than I ever have. Final time 25:20.... It was an unusually hot day and while I'm sure that had something to do with my poorer than ususal performance, it was all error on my part. I went out too fast and never recovered from that first fast and furious mile. So, here's looking forward to July in Sonoma!

Hopefully, I'll have more time to drop in next week.

Sounds like you all are doing awesome and those of you who raced did excellent!:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Karen, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers......

Elaine - you have to be in my face or I forget! I'm blond you know... :+ WAY TO GO!! You did Great! 25.20 is not bad from where I'm standing! And you can chalk this one up as a learning experience (I've been really big on learning experiences this week!). I'm looking forward to Sonoma as well! I'm really looking forward to meeting you and some of the other Cheetahs!!

Barb - Hey! You do fabulous! I'm so glad the forums were there to keep you motivated! Thanks for sharing! I loved reading about your race!

Karen - thanks so much for checking in - we're all thinking about you! Take care of yourself and those sweet girls of yours! Prayer to you and your family!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.