runners check in 5/2

It is - and you're so focused on your shorts that you can't get into your groove. But it was so nice being outside and even with it warmer outside I was still able to hit my stride and do 4 miles pretty easily. I'm starting to get more confident.

Hello runners!

Today is a busy day for me at work so I didn’t get to post earlier. I wanted to take a minute while having my lunch and reading posts to say everyone hello and BRAVO on the workouts today. Everybody rocks as usual. This morning I only had enough time for a 3 mile run and the upper body premix of ME. Better than nothing though! I also wanted to share that due to all of the inspiration and enabling going on around here, I went ahead and registered for a local 10K coming up in a couple of weeks. Woah! This will be my first 10K after my running hiatus from the injury. I just kind of wanted to feel out where I am at right now, and more than likely it will be S L O W…lol. That’s ok, though I have to start over somewhere. Kind of cracks me up though because it wasn’t long ago that I was calling 3 to 4 miles “lazy miles” like Sarah is calling them now….lol

Laura – 1.5 is better than nothing! You’re a great mom for juggling in your workout AND participating with your son’s sports! Good job!

Tig – COOOOLIO! You got an mp3 player! You’ll suddenly notice your legs wanting to run much faster with that thing! Hee hee… Great run by the way!

Gayle – enjoy your recovery time and don’t overdue because we’ll expect to see a 1:40 finish time in Philadephia…JUST KIDDING… Your time is/was AWESOME!!

Karen – Wow, that tempo run looks like a baddie but goodie! You’re gonna do great with your race too!

Mattea - 15 flights of stairs could compare to Sarah’s tempo run! But this could be why you are so good on the hills and you are on my list of “hill killer girls”….lol I need to have a better attitude about hills!

Kristi – ATTA girl! Congratulations on the personal best! I love when I get those. I hope your DD is doing ok. Mine used to get terrible ear infections and the MD's. discussed tubes at one time. Thankfully we didn’t have to do that. Awe, give your girl lots of hugs, cuz I know ear pain is so hard on them. Did you get new shoes yet?

Sarah!! – 4 more days! We will all be right there with you CHEERING you all the way! Well…mentally anyway…. Have fun with your lazy miles! WOO HOO! 4 MORE DAYS!!!

Carole – Yeah, these enablers around here, sheesh! I still think you can make it from Oregon to Sonoma in 24 hours. Kinda like training for the Western states…lol..My allergies are going nutso too! Running outside can be hard for me around this time of year and I always have to lug around the albuterol just in case I get one of those coughing wheezing things going. Great workouts today!

Marcia – I would keep up running and make sure to gradually increase so you don’t get injured. But you'll get better advice from someone else I 'm sure. Great job you are doing though!

Kathy – Oh no…Carole will turn you into the bionic woman! Just kidding…. I’m sure Carole has the BEST endurance running advice! Good Luck with your training.

Judy – Howdy!

Elaine - did your friend comment on the brutal factor of the Big Sur Marathon? I bet he’s like bionic woman Carole and just skipped up and over those monstrous hills..lol. Who will we enable next for the Wine country half? hmmm?

Christine – Uh oh…I hope we didn’t scare off Amy today! Good job on the 4 miles. I am going to attempt 6 this weekend so I can start building up again. Oh, I meant to tell you that I gave your dog a bone on his website!

Ok, better get back to work now, talk with you all later. Have a great rest of the day!

Thomasina

kristi take the classes at out ymca.

thomasina thanks!!

gayle you should be proud of yourself, you accomplished an awesome time during your half. I know what you mean about being athletic. I just wish I could run as fast as you and be comfortable doing it. I am working on it though.

bootcamp was tough tonight as usual. she really kills your legs as well as every other part of your body.

I will probably take tomorrow off and thursday do my treadmill workout. Its a killer so I figure I need to give the body a rest.
God my half is two weeks from sunday, time is flying.

Oh, and no, I think Amy already signed up for the Half. I know she's planning on running - just got too busy to post! I get to meet her on Sat/Sun - so I'm excited.

I'm here!! I'm here!!! I'm here!!! Thanks for noticing I'm a bit late today! :)

I did some of Legs & Back this morning, then headed out for a run this evening. It was hot!!! But I did the approx 3.9 miles in 36:27, one of my fastest times ever for that route. YAY!!!

I got a request this morning that some bootcampers want to do one long run a week, rather than only weeks 1, 3, and 5. That would fit into my half training quite nicely, don't you think?? :p

I asked a question about running in the open discussion thread, if you see it I'm hoping for a few more perspectives. Thanks!

I'm completely game for the half! I think it would be loads of fun!! I'm going to a fitness convention July 25, so I need to ramp up my cardio before then anyway! It seems like just what I need to do, LOL.

Still working on how I'll get through both jobs and summer school and the half... but what's life without a little challenge?? LOL }( :p

Sarah, I'm so excited over how close you are!!! Are you aware we'll all be there cheering you on? :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.