Roku linked but won't play on demand

coley1981

Hi, I've been using Cathe live on my iPad since the beginning. I decided today to switch to on demand using Roku. I have 4 different Roku models. I linked the one in my workout space. It was successful. Each time I try to play anything it briefly shows the title and "retrieving" then instantly goes back to the title page. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. My Roku says my signal strength is excellent and I just updated it moments ago. Any idea why it appears and then suddenly won't load?

My Roku account adds the channel to all my devices even though I'm only trying to watch it on one. This never happens with my Netflix or Amazon accounts. He asked me to delete the channel from the other Roku devices but in doing so it takes the channel away from all of the Roku devices.

Well after an hour still no resolution. We tried so many different things. They ultimately told me since its a private channel I would need to contact the channel developer. I have one more solution I think may work. What if I were to take one of my roku devices and deactivate it from the account I share with my husband and set up my own Roku account. It can't hurt at this point.

I unlinked the Roku and factory reset it. I made my own separate account. I added the Cathe channel and it linked successfully. But when I hit play it tries to load and immediately goes back to the video screen.

I unlinked the Roku and factory reset it. I made my own separate account. I added the Cathe channel and it linked successfully. But when I hit play it tries to load and immediately goes back to the video screen.

You will need to contact customer service at [email protected] They will then have to have a developer remove your token. Unlinking your Roku unfortunately does not get rid of the token.

Also, once a developer removes the token make sure when you get to the page that has the token code on your TV don't close,refresh or exit from this TV screen. You should then immediately go to your computer ant type in the code and click save. Then return to your TV screen and click the proceed button.

Though I'm not sure exactly what is causing your problem I think it may be the result of not following the steps as outlined above exactly. If you exit the the screen before clicking the proceed button a new code will be generated and thus not match the code you entered. Hopefully this will solve the issue.

I Have been having the same issues with on demand and roku! I have contacted Roku and [email protected]. It's been 2 weeks, and no resolution. I am very frustrated. Did you get yours working.

KJ

KJ are you trying to use a Roku 2? We've only tested on a Roku 3, and most problems we have seen seem to happen on certain versions of Roku 2's.

I Have been having the same issues with on demand and roku! I have contacted Roku and [email protected]. It's been 2 weeks, and no resolution. I am very frustrated. Did you get yours working.

Hi, I have 4 different models of Roku. So far I tried two different ones and the same issue kept coming up. I just purchased a Roku 3 that should be here for Thursday. Hopefully that solves it. I have an iPad setup but Roku would just be so much nicer.

I spent alot of time on the Roku chat only to have them tell me after an hour that Cathe's channel is private and they couldn't help further. I don't quite get why the channel would need the newer Roku to work but I'm also not tech savvy. All my other channel stream fine on any of the other Rokus. Sorry that your having trouble. I hope it gets resolved for you (and me :) )

Hi, I have 4 different models of Roku. So far I tried two different ones and the same issue kept coming up. I just purchased a Roku 3 that should be here for Thursday. Hopefully that solves it. I have an iPad setup but Roku would just be so much nicer.

I spent alot of time on the Roku chat only to have them tell me after an hour that Cathe's channel is private and they couldn't help further. I don't quite get why the channel would need the newer Roku to work but I'm also not tech savvy. All my other channel stream fine on any of the other Rokus. Sorry that your having trouble. I hope it gets resolved for you (and me :) )

Make sure to let us know if the Roku 3 solves the issue. I'm guessing you will probably need to contact support for a new token when you try this. In your case the problem you're having is most likely either because you have more than one Roku device under your account or because you're using a Roku 2. By trying a Roku 3 it will narrow the possibilities. Roku 2's should be able to play our videos according to their specs which say Roku 2's can play 720p videos, but in talking to Roku they say though a Roku 2 can play a 720p video it must convert it first. There may be some other spec that we're exceeding for some Roku 2's, but we don't know what these specs are as Roku doesn't provide them as far as we know. It also important if you have a Roku 2 that you have updated your device as this may be a reason some people can't use a Roku 2. Let us know what happens when you try your Roku 3 and hoping for the best.

Make sure to let us know if the Roku 3 solves the issue. I'm guessing you will probably need to contact support for a new token when you try this. In your case the problem you're having is most likely either because you have more than one Roku device under your account or because you're using a Roku 2. By trying a Roku 3 it will narrow the possibilities. Roku 2's should be able to play our videos according to their specs which say Roku 2's can play 720p videos, but in talking to Roku they say though a Roku 2 can play a 720p video it must convert it first. There may be some other spec that we're exceeding for some Roku 2's, but we don't know what these specs are as Roku doesn't provide them as far as we know. It also important if you have a Roku 2 that you have updated your device as this may be a reason some people can't use a Roku 2. Let us know what happens when you try your Roku 3 and hoping for the best.

Roku 3 works great! I have been previewing many Cathe videos and it works perfect. Finally! the package says its 5x faster so I think that must be true since my other 4 Roku models are from 2009-2012 and wouldn't actually play any Cathe videos.

Glad to know that worked for you. My guess is some older Roku 2's can't handle our stream rate event though they say they can play 720p video.

So I bought a Roku 2 last year so when available I could subscribe to Cathe live. After reading this thread doesn't sound like Roku 2 will work, do you all have an ETA as to when Cathe live will be ready for Roku?

Thank you kindly

No, we haven't started working on adding Cathe Live to Roku. Currently we're working on the Workout Blender and have to finish it before moving on to other things.

So in short I have paid nearly $20 for a program that does not work on the device I have. I linked up a new device after spending $100 on that and waiting and now it does not work either because it keeps claiming that the account is already linked. So now I have to apparently contact customer support who will then have to get around to talking to a developer so that they can delete some "token." Only then, maybe, days or weeks from now I might actually get to see videos I paid double the cost of netflix. I am
so damn frustrated and disappointed!!!!

So in short I have paid nearly $20 for a program that does not work on the device I have. I linked up a new device after spending $100 on that and waiting and now it does not work either because it keeps claiming that the account is already linked. So now I have to apparently contact customer support who will then have to get around to talking to a developer so that they can delete some "token." Only then, maybe, days or weeks from now I might actually get to see videos I paid double the cost of netflix. I am
so damn frustrated and disappointed!!!!
I finally gave up and opened a new account. I can only hope the other account will be refunded. :-(.

My account works on the Roku 2, but as of yet, I have not been able to get it to work on the Roku 3. After 45 minutes of chatting with Roku Customer Support, I am back at square one. I am very frustrated as well. I don't really understand why the number of devices is an issue. If I am paying for the service, why does it matter if I stream from the living room, bedroom or any other available (as in not inhabited by the rest of the family or pets) room at the time I want to exercise?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.