Roku Channel Update?

Hope to get it launched this week, but depends on how many more technical issues we have. We've decided for now to just use the Roku default interface and then customize and improve later. So it will be kind of basic when we launch. Unfortunately, Roku uses a a computer language called "Bright Script" that we are not very familiar with. So for now we plan on trying to launch on Roku with just their basic interface and then change course and move on to finishing the Workout Blender. We will then double back and improve the interface of our Roku channel after we complete and launch the Workout Blender.

Thumbs up for completing and launching the Workout Blender ! :) I almost bought a Roku over the holidays to use strictly with
Cathe channel but decided not to and glad I made that decision. I figured as long as I can hook my I-devices to my tv with the
adapter/cable and use that way, I'd save that money for something else, like new Cathe stuff ! :D

You will get the best functionality using a computer, not Roku. The Workout Blender and the way we do our chaptering will not work on Roku. Roku has certain advantages too, but using a computer hooked up to a TV is still the best option IMHO.

I'm excited for the Roku channel to watch Cathe Live (assuming they are on there). They don't need much chaptering since they are live! In the interim I'm finding good luck using my computer as a media server and streaming my downloads to my Roku in my workout room. I can access all my downloaded titles and don't have to keep dragging my laptop all over.

Just wanted to give everyone another quick update. We have now finished all of our work on our Cathe Roku Channel and have it running on our test site. All that we have left to do is to tie our Roku channel into our subscription service. We're going to attempt this this weekend. Hopefully it will not prove to be too difficult.

I am so excited!!! :D I've been on the fence about signing up, so was waiting for Roku to be the tipping point. Just on the fence because I want to be sure I'm going to actually DO the workouts, not any doubt that this is an AWESOME service - if I have to hook up the computer before every workout, I have one more excuse to NOT do it. Rokus are installed on several TVs in the house, so I can have 'Instant Cathe' every morning!

Will keep an eye out for some good news - and thank you so much for working on this!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.