Road Trip Dreams

dreamyjeanie

Cathlete
The NJ Road Trip Forum has a thread about RT dreams, and I just posted this over there, but since it was more of a Chicago RT dream, I figured I would share it here too.

I was watching the pre-registration from home on a web cam and was going to text TexasLaura to save me a seat when I said I just need to get there myself. I saw Jenn on the web cam as well as a bunch of new faces. When I got there we had to go through a pile of shirts that were in alphabetical order to find our own. Mine wasn't in the pile, but there was one labeled "spanish speaking Jean" and since I do not speak spanish, I knew it wasn't mine, lol. Melissa was trying to help me find mine, but then I woke up.

Jean

Hmm... I hope Jenn wasn't doing ZUMBA when she appeared on that webcam! lol! I've been having RT dreams too Jean! In the most recent we all went to the diner on Sunday morning for our farewell breakfast. Everyone was ordering the normal eggs, oatmeal, etc and then Cathe ordered a chocolate pizza! When it came it was a chocolate crush and the filling was melted chocolate, powdered sugar and sliced strawberries. Now, let me tell you- that thing looked GOOOOD! But, Cathe ended up with a big time tummy ache :p

The NJ Road Trip Forum has a thread about RT dreams, and I just posted this over there, but since it was more of a Chicago RT dream, I figured I would share it here too.

I was watching the pre-registration from home on a web cam and was going to text TexasLaura to save me a seat when I said I just need to get there myself. I saw Jenn on the web cam as well as a bunch of new faces. When I got there we had to go through a pile of shirts that were in alphabetical order to find our own. Mine wasn't in the pile, but there was one labeled "spanish speaking Jean" and since I do not speak spanish, I knew it wasn't mine, lol. Melissa was trying to help me find mine, but then I woke up.

Jean

Dreams can be so bizarre sometimes, ya know? Although yes, the chocolate pizza sounded pretty darn delicious..lol Like something Ihop would have on their menu :p

Last week I woke up in a panic because in my dream I forgot my camera and didn't know anyone or have any paper to exchange email addresses to have someone else take pictures. I spent a lot of time looking for the camera (as if it would suddenly appear) and missed a couple of classes. SO glad it was just a dream!

Thanks Melissa and Laura. Jenn I think you need to market that dessert. I can see it being a big hit. Gibbee, don't worry Cyndi will be taking lots of pictures.

Later last night I had another road trip dream. The kind where you can't get to class. I hope this is not going to be norm until I get to the resort. I'll be in a panic state instead of an excited one.

I have to admit that when I first read this thread, I didn't think I'd be dreaming much about the road trip. BUT, last night I had quite the nightmare. It was actually about the NJ road trip. FYI, I've never been on a road trip or to Cathe's gym.

Okay, so we've just finished up our first class and head to the restaurant (inside Cathe's gym!). As we're sitting down to eat, I realize that I didn't pack any other workout clothes. Ewwww, I'm thinking this isn't going to be good. Before I can get anything to eat, it's time to go off to our next class. I get up to leave, but wait! Where's my purse? I look around and see it hanging off a chair at the end of the table. I bend over to grab it, but when I stand up, Cathe and all the Cathletes are gone.

I run out of the restaurant into the hallway, but don't see anybody. I start walking/running to see if maybe I can find them, but this place is packed. The hallway is like the "hallway" of a mall but not as wide and, in fact, it's lined with lots of really cool stores I've never heard of. One of them sells fitness wear, so I make a mental note to come back and buy some workout clothes. By now I'm really upset. I'm fighting the crowds, but I don't see Cathe or the Cathletes anywhere.

I go up to the next level (yep, multi level). By now I've walked/run a few miles (this is a big gym!) and I'm getting more and more upset as I realize that not only am I missing the next class, but if I don't find the group, I'm going to miss the entire weekend. I've been asking random people in the crowd and random store clerks (man there's a lot of stores) if they know where Cathe is or where the road trip workouts are, but nobody knows. A lot of them look at me like I'm crazy...like this isn't even a gym. None of them have heard of Cathe.

I go up another level (seriously, this is huge place and while it's supposed to be a gym, all I see are stores and huge crowds of people, like the mall the weekend before Christmas). I stand there and cry for a while because I'm so upset. Turns out this is where the movie theatre is(!). I can even smell the popcorn. I see a security officer and flash back to when I was in first grade and lost at the zoo with 2 boys from my class, we saw a police officer and hoped he could help us. The boys thought he was more likely to help us if I was crying (this really did happen and the officer did help us, although I couldn't work up a cry, so we spit in our hands and put the spit on my checks...really, you can't make that kind of stuff up. In my own defense, I was 6 and scared. Plus my mom was a chaperone on the trip and I knew she would be mad that of all the kids who got lost, one of them had to be me). Okay, back to the dream.

I approach to the security officer and explain my dilemma. The security officer actually knows what I'm talking about and gets on his walkie talkie to locate the group for me. I make a mental note of where the movie theatre is so that I can come back to catch a flick and have some of that popcorn.

And then I wake up. What is most remarkable about this dream to me is that I RARELY remember any dream I have. This happens maybe once or twice a year. At least this dream was memorable. :)

Trixoo, so after your dream, did you get on line to find out what stores are located near the resort in case you really do lose your workout clothes? As for the getting lost part, no wandering off by yourself at the resort. There should be plenty Cathletes around so hopefully we can stick together and no one will get lost.

Jean

dreamyjeanie said:
Trixoo, so after your dream, did you get on line to find out what stores are located near the resort in case you really do lose your workout clothes? As for the getting lost part, no wandering off by yourself at the resort. There should be plenty Cathletes around so hopefully we can stick together and no one will get lost.

Jean

I didn't, but I can assure you I will be double and triple checking my bag before I leave the house!

Well I had another RT dream the other night. During this dream, when I went to check into my room, all the other Cathe people disappeared and I couldn't find anyone or where they were having the classes.

Jean

Ok, so last night I had another road trip dream. This one was filled with just about every Cathlete I know. It was a really long dream. We were going from one excursion to the next, bus rides, boat rides, but never actually worked out. Maybe that means I'm scared of what workouts Cathe's is going to be throwing our way, LOL. Better get cracking with less than 6 weeks to go. Can't wait to see everyone.

Jean

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.