Road Trip--> Class Boot Camp Class??

jtlane25

Cathlete
Hi Cathe! I was sitting here going through all the drills that we did during the boot camp class on the Road Trip in August! ((Which I LOVED)) I wrote down all the stations that we had gone through and all the drills. My hopes are to duplicate the routine at home. However, I do NOT remember how long each drill was during the class. I loved loved loved that class!!!!!

On another side note---->thank you soooo much for taking the time out to "play" with all of us Road Trippers! I will forever be grateful for the memories and the experiences that I gained from the entire weekend!

Your Friend in Fitness---

I'm waiting for a good day to duplicate it for my bootcamp class, too! :) We don't use music (we're outside) so I've got to go with what looks like failure for them, but I'd say they were 90 seconds to 2 minutes per station.

Hi Cathe! I was sitting here going through all the drills that we did during the boot camp class on the Road Trip in August! ((Which I LOVED)) I wrote down all the stations that we had gone through and all the drills. My hopes are to duplicate the routine at home. However, I do NOT remember how long each drill was during the class. I loved loved loved that class!!!!!

On another side note---->thank you soooo much for taking the time out to "play" with all of us Road Trippers! I will forever be grateful for the memories and the experiences that I gained from the entire weekend!

Your Friend in Fitness---

Hi, Tanya..

Not Cathe (obviously)..but wanted to say how much I agree with your assesment of the Boot Camp class...it was my favorite class during the July RT, moreso than even my beloved kickbox!!

What made it even more fun was that Cathe was right there with us, and would jump in from time to time to join in for some of the drills.

A weekend I will never forget!

I LOVED the Bootcamp class too! It was my favorite. I remember each drill was 1 minute long because I knew before I even got to the push up station that I wouldn't be able to do push ups for one minute straight!

:) Hi Guys, while waiting for Cathe to answer, how does this look:

One minute each (or to failure in my case for some :eek: )

Squat Overhead Press w/ 5lbs
Jumping Jacks
Tricep Dips from High Step
Speed Skaters
Push Ups
Jump Rope
Fancy Feet from high step riser

Did I miss one? Looks simple but with virtually seconds rest between stations and all that high energy, what a workout that was!

X

This is what I had:

Section 1:
Warm up walking/running
Sideways run turning and running with the other lead leg
Forward standard Run turning and then backwards run
Hurdle Run with approx 6-7 Hurdle jumps
Wide Leg leap side to side hops alternating
High Reach skip alternating high knees

Section 2:
Squat/shoulder press with 5 lb dumbells
Jumping Jack and Jab alternating sides
Tricep dips
Power Speed Skaters reaching towards feet
Push Ups
Jump rope
Lunges alternating w/ Bicep curls 5-8 lbs
Fast Feet toe taps on lowered high step

**For some reason I thought the section 2 drills were longer than 1 minute.

This was a fun class and awesome routine!!!!!

:) Hi Guys, while waiting for Cathe to answer, how does this look:

One minute each (or to failure in my case for some :eek: )

Squat Overhead Press w/ 5lbs
Jumping Jacks
Tricep Dips from High Step
Speed Skaters
Push Ups
Jump Rope
Fancy Feet from high step riser

Did I miss one? Looks simple but with virtually seconds rest between stations and all that high energy, what a workout that was!

X

Yep, you forgot the lunges (after the jumprope and before the fast feet on the high step). And I'm pretty sure each drill was one minute long (give or take a few seconds).

I like to make this drill section harder by doing things like this: during the jumping jacks, alternate between regular jacks, plyo jacks, and air jacks. (I LOVE air jacks!!) And for the lunges, I did lunges like those in the KickMax Blast challenge (are they called plyo lunges?). Things like that really help me to kick a little more butt during these drills. ;)

Yep, you forgot the lunges (after the jumprope and before the fast feet on the high step). And I'm pretty sure each drill was one minute long (give or take a few seconds).

I like to make this drill section harder by doing things like this: during the jumping jacks, alternate between regular jacks, plyo jacks, and air jacks. (I LOVE air jacks!!) And for the lunges, I did lunges like those in the KickMax Blast challenge (are they called plyo lunges?). Things like that really help me to kick a little more butt during these drills. ;)

:eek: Allison, you're my fantasy of being younger again!!! I've thought about you and I'm wondering when you're going to start creating your own brand of magic.

(I had the pleasure of stepping to your left hand side during the jumbo step class on July RT.)

X

And I was on her right...did you see how high she jumps? Allison must have springs on her feet! I'm sorry I missed your air jacks during the BC, Alli. I'm sure they were amazing!!!

You got it right!

Hi All! Yup, you have all the drills correct. The length was 60 seconds but sometimes a hair longer if I was busy at a particular station cheering the group on. We rested about 10 to 15 seconds between stations. Have fun!

Whoo hoo....I'm thrilled to have this fun routine jotted down! Thanks for keeping things all shakin' up for me! Now to kick some dirt around and cut ruts in my back yard on the running drills!! .....and I'm off......

Sure! Giggle....my backyard can handle it. I am willing to do anything to keep the grass from growing. ((Wink Wink)) I do agree....it's not going to be the same without all of us gasping for air and high fiving Cathe after that last drill!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.