Riding the X-Train into Summer! Join me! ❤

firmgrrrl

Cathlete
Hi all! I have just finished STS and feel so much stronger. I did gain some muscle and strength, but did not particularly lose fat (wasn't really the goal). Now I would like to continue to get stronger but also shed some fat for summer. Enter: XTrain 90 Day Rotation! I am beginning this rotation March 16. Anyone is welcome! ❤

Official start is tomorrow! It looks like I will start off with Chest, Back, and Shoulders (higher rep). I will probably tack on some core and a timesaver spin for cardio. Just found out today that my school will be shut down not only next week, but the week after that as well! 3 weeks off! I am going to go stir crazy at some point I'm sure! Be back tomorrow!

Okay, first Xtrain workout in the books! Chest, Back, Shoulders, and Core 1. Felt great, although I think my muscles did not know wth was going on because they had just been doing straight sets in the rep range of 8! Jumping up to 16 reps was crazy; however, I kept up with Cathe's weights and even more with some exercises. I felt a great pump by the end, even so much that when I began the core section, I could hardly keep my arms behind my head they were so tired! I'm hoping to get in some bike riding today. Hoping hubby will be willing to get the bikes into shape so that we can go. Its absolutely beautiful here in Az!

Hey Penny and Nicki. I will be hopping on board that X-Train (Yah!) but not as soon as I had hoped. My pec injury caused me to take last week off STS. I taught 3 weight training classes (but did very light chest work) and didn't want to overtrain. Had to let the muscles heal. Going to a physical therapist tomorrow. Hoping to get the go-ahead and then finish off my last 3 weeks of STS. Not sure if I will be able to add weight this week but we'll see how it goes in terms of progression. As of today my fitness classes are cancelled as the gym is now closed due to COVID-19. So this will actually help me focus on my Cathe workouts and not over-do it. Glad you two are flexible - we don't all have to be doing the exact same thing at the same time. Thanks for motivating me and keeping me going!

Hi Jane! Oh, I'm so sorry that your chest is still bothering you. :( Please feel free to post here no matter what you are doing at any time! I always love to hear your updates and what you are doing. You are seriously always so kind, supportive, positive, and inspiring! I hope you heal quickly. Let us know what the physical therapist says! Hugs! ❤

Didn't get any workouts in today. Spent a large part of my day with the Help Desk trying to get connected and then had to go in to work to get another monitor and some files. Hopefully tomorrow will be a more productive day!

Hey Penny and Nicki. I will be hopping on board that X-Train (Yah!) but not as soon as I had hoped. My pec injury caused me to take last week off STS. I taught 3 weight training classes (but did very light chest work) and didn't want to overtrain. Had to let the muscles heal. Going to a physical therapist tomorrow. Hoping to get the go-ahead and then finish off my last 3 weeks of STS. Not sure if I will be able to add weight this week but we'll see how it goes in terms of progression. As of today my fitness classes are cancelled as the gym is now closed due to COVID-19. So this will actually help me focus on my Cathe workouts and not over-do it. Glad you two are flexible - we don't all have to be doing the exact same thing at the same time. Thanks for motivating me and keeping me going!
I hope you work through your injury and heal soon. I'm hoping to do D18 tomorrow:)

Didn't get any workouts in today. Spent a large part of my day with the Help Desk trying to get connected and then had to go in to work to get another monitor and some files. Hopefully tomorrow will be a more productive day!
Hey Nicki! That sucks you had to go into work! :( I hope today is going better for you! ❤

Today was Cardio Leg Blast. I'm not gonna lie, I was sort of dreading this workout, but it was actually fun! That combination of plyometrics and traditional lower body strength training is the real deal! I then did the bonus 100 rep hip thrusts. Let me say I was definitely NOT able to do 100 (and that was even without weight!). I was only able to do 50, so maybe next time I can do more!
We were finally able to go out for a nice bike ride today. The weather is so clear and beautiful, and we were able to see lots of wildlife! Cottontail bunnies, quails, and squirrels. So grateful to be able to go outside with my husband and daughter. I know there are parts of the country where the weather is awful right now. :( Hope everyone is happy and healthy! ❤

Sorry to hear about your bad day Nicki. You really didn't need that frustration after dealing with all you have had to deal with over the last while! Hopefully you are all set to go now and can find benefits from working at home.

I then did the bonus 100 rep hip thrusts. Let me say I was definitely NOT able to do 100 (and that was even without weight!). I was only able to do 50, so maybe next time I can do more!
Thanks for letting me set some realistic expectations for this move, Penny! I have never tried this particular 100 rep challenge, but after reading stuff from Brett Contreras (the 'glute guy') I am totally pumped to give it a go. He says that hip thrusts are THE best glute exercise. Given the incredible weight you were able to use with the 4 squat rack programs, hip thrusts must be brutal!

And, Penny, how wonderful you are living so close to wildlife!! I live in a small town in rural Nova Scotia (east coast of Canada) and have seen some wildlife from time to time (mostly deer and squirrel), but rabbits and quail would be so cool!

Today was Cardio Leg Blast. I'm not gonna lie, I was sort of dreading this workout, but it was actually fun! That combination of plyometrics and traditional lower body strength training is the real deal! I then did the bonus 100 rep hip thrusts. Let me say I was definitely NOT able to do 100 (and that was even without weight!). I was only able to do 50, so maybe next time I can do more!
We were finally able to go out for a nice bike ride today. The weather is so clear and beautiful, and we were able to see lots of wildlife! Cottontail bunnies, quails, and squirrels. So grateful to be able to go outside with my husband and daughter. I know there are parts of the country where the weather is awful right now. :( Hope everyone is happy and healthy! ❤
Its raining so much here and gray. Supposed to warm up and hit the 80's this week-end. I hope so and would love some sunshine :).I was able to walk my dog, Eli, with my neighbor and her dog, Jack. Was good to get out of the house. Working from home with afternoon meetings at 5:00 so I am not able to make it to my gym classes. I did D18 today with XTrain Core#1 and Stretch Max #3 with bands. :)

Its raining so much here and gray. Supposed to warm up and hit the 80's this week-end. I hope so and would love some sunshine :).I was able to walk my dog, Eli, with my neighbor and her dog, Jack. Was good to get out of the house. Working from home with afternoon meetings at 5:00 so I am not able to make it to my gym classes. I did D18 today with XTrain Core#1 and Stretch Max #3 with bands. :)
By the way, good job Penny o the Cardio Leg Blast!!

Disk 28 tonight - Chest and Back. :) The physical therapist said to go super light for chest work and very gradually build up over the next 4 weeks. I definitely reduced my weight but didn't have to go crazy light (67lbs for flat bench press vs the 82lbs I had planned) so I was happy with that. I guess I won't be making gains in that one muscle group but I am really glad I didn't give up on Meso 3 (as I thought of doing) because I will still be able to make gains, hopefully, in other areas.
Feeling great now that I am back on track, have that workout under my belt, and have a schedule made for finishing up STS!:)

Thanks for letting me set some realistic expectations for this move, Penny! I have never tried this particular 100 rep challenge, but after reading stuff from Brett Contreras (the 'glute guy') I am totally pumped to give it a go. He says that hip thrusts are THE best glute exercise. Given the incredible weight you were able to use with the 4 squat rack programs, hip thrusts must be brutal!

And, Penny, how wonderful you are living so close to wildlife!! I live in a small town in rural Nova Scotia (east coast of Canada) and have seen some wildlife from time to time (mostly deer and squirrel), but rabbits and quail would be so cool!
Ya, I've read about Brett Contreras and even own his Strong Curves book (great read btw!). He has some great exercise suggestions that hit the glutes from every angle! A few years ago, I got up to hip thrusting around 265# a couple times. I'm nowhere near that now, especially doing it 100 times! Amanda is amazing!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.