Rhonda in Your Videos - What Works Best for Her Body?

sln

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

I'm a huge fan of your videos. My body type seems like Rhonda's in your videos - I'm somewhat tall and have a slim frame. But unlike Rhonda, my frame is covered in a layer of flab. I'm in my ideal weight range, but I'm not toned. I'm currently doing one of your rotations, The Oct '03 4 Day Split: http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=626&mesg_id=626&page=2

Has Rhonda found specific ways of training that best benefit her body type? What are they? She looks awesome.

RE: Rhonda in Your Videos - What Works Best for Her Bod...

Here's a link to how Rhonda prepared for the Intensity Series:

http://www.cathe.com/2002_Bio_Rhonda.htm

I have a similar body type as well (ectomorph). If you do a search using "ectomorph" as a keyword, you'll come up with lots of good info.

HTH!

Thanks - I had not seen this. Interesting stuff. I struggle with whether to work one body part per week, or try to do each part 2 times. I'm a full time working Mom, so one time per week sure jives with my hectic schedule. Thanks! - Sarah

You're welcome! I tried working one body part per week but it did not work very well for me. Maybe I didn't give it enough time. I did enjoy it, though, and was able to fit in more yoga - something I'm having trouble finding time for these days. There used to be a group of ectos who checked in with each other fairly often. I don't have the time to regularly start it, but would join in when I could if someone else would be willing. I learned a lot when I joined them! If you decide to work one body part per week, please let me know how it works for you.

I can't believe that she eats that many calories per day and looks so perfect! WOW, that absolutely blows me away! I don't follow any certain "diet" (zone/low carb/etc) but I eat 5-6 small meals a day in moderation and even supplement with whey protein to make sure that I get plenty of protein. I weigh about 115 lbs. and absolutely love to work out. My days begin at 4:30 am with a two hour workout (to get in everything I want to do). I combine weight training and cario and work out seven days a week. I think what a lot boils down to is that each person is unique and has to find "what works for them". I don't count calories, but I I pretty much eat clean 6 days a week and try to consume most of my carbs before 3pm. I balance my meals with fruits/veggies/whole wheats/good fats, dairy, etc. My last meal of the day (dinner time) always consists of lean meat, a salad and stir fried veggies. Plus, before I go to bed, I always drink a protein shake with splenda. I drink plenty of water and also taKE a good multi-vitamin/CLA & Flaxseed caps throughout the day.

If I had to guess, I am probably only taking in about 12-1300 calories per day. I probably do overtrain because my body gets so weak in the evenings and my hip flexors are always stiff and sore.... but I can't help it because I just love to workout! It's a big hobby. Anyway, I have tried to up my calories, but I just put on weight (getting thicker in all areas). I have held on to the "last 10 lbs) of body fat that I can't seem to lose in the last 5 years (and that's with mixing up my routine frequently).... perhaps I am not eating enough to tone up with all of the working out I am doing?????? I go back and forth because when I have tried to eat more.... (follwing Monica Brant's diet or some fitness fanatic) I always get bigger! Then, because I start seeing myself getting bigger - I quit and go back down to my regular food pattern! Anyway, ......

I can't believe Rhonda only goes out to eat once a week for lunch. It sounds like she never goes out for dinner. If I didn't go out for dinner at least twice per week, I would lose the will to live. :+
-Nancy

>I can't believe Rhonda only goes out to eat once a week for
>lunch. It sounds like she never goes out for dinner. If I
>didn't go out for dinner at least twice per week, I would lose
>the will to live. :+
>-Nancy

Hadn't Rhonda moved to some small town before the Intensity series? (Or was it before the Body Blast series?). If so, maybe there aren't any places to eat that serve healthy food.

If I ATE out, I'd lose the will to live!

"If I ATE out, I'd lose the will to live!"

Kathryn, what does this mean? Okay, maybe you don't live to eat like me, but doesn't everyone enjoy going out to eat?

>"If I ATE out, I'd lose the will to live!"
>
>Kathryn, what does this mean? Okay, maybe you don't live to
>eat like me, but doesn't everyone enjoy going out to eat?

Well, I'm a whole food vegan, and there's not much good stuff that suits my tastes in the small town I live in. I can make much better things myself. When I travel, I eat out, but rarely at home. I do go to dinners at friends' houses, and potlucks, but not often to restaurants. If I ate out a lot here, I'd end up eating a lot of pasta (white!), mediocre veggies, beans and rice from a local mexican restaurant, chinese (too much salt). Boring to say the least. And not a nutritionally balanced meal.

Oh, I see. Yuck.

BTW, when I order chinese (my DH loves it, or else I wouldn't order at all), I order steamed veggies and seafood (comes with tofu instead of seafood too) without sauce and don't use the rice. I put a little low-sodium soy sauce on it with some hot mustard, and it tastes pretty good. Sometimes I even add a few drops of Szechuan sauce. Just an idea for you. I can't stand those greasy chinese sauces they use at the typical chinese restaurants.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.