Returning to Cathe

AlisonK

Cathlete
I just wanted to say hello to everyone out there and reintroduce myself so that I can start posting and joining you all on the message board again:) I had been using and absolutely loving all the Cathe tapes last year and seeing wonderful results with weight loss and strength gains. Unfortunately due to injuries and other health issues including depression and extreme fatigue due to a severe vitamin D deficiency I completely stopped working out. So now Im slowly rebuilding all of what I lost in the past 7 months.

I'm so thankful to have Cathe to workout with and all of you to learn from and be inspired by on this great message board! I can't think of a better combonation to learn and be motivated by :) In fact, Iam so confident (or crazy hehe) I can get back to where I was and even get in better shape that I preordered all of the new DVDs :D :D :D

Anyway, it's so nice to be back. I've been reading and catching up on the boards. You all are truely amazing! :-jumpy

Alison

Hi Alison!

I remember you! It's so good to see you posting again. You've come to the right place to get motivated too! :) So glad you were able to preorder the new tapes. I'm sure they will be just what the Dr. ordered! Sorry to hear of your setbacks this past 7 months but sooo glad to hear that you have such a positive outlook. You go for it girl~YOU WILL BE IN GREAT SHAPE!!! Look forward to "seeing" you around.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)
"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

RE: Hi Alison!

Hi Alison. Glad to hear from you also. Just wanted to comment on your challenges with depression. I too have been struggling with this for many years so I can really empathize. I recently started medication and it has made a tremendous difference for me. I have so much more energy and a more positive disposition that it seems nothing can get in the way of my workouts. Coupled with this forum, I am so motivated to do Cathe workouts again. It's been great for me. Hope it can do the same for you. Would like to know how you're dealing with your depression if you feel comfortable enough to share that kind of personal information. Regardless I wish you the very best and will be looking forward to hearing more from you in the future. Good luck with your exercise program.

Take care, Cyndie

RE: Hi Alison!

Hi Alison,

I'm pretty new around here but will say welcome back anyway!! I'm glad things are starting to turn around for you. Sometimes it's an all out war, isn't it?

I suffer from depression too Cyndie, & have since early puberty. My hb suffered from depression & didn't even know it! He was put on Wellbutrin to help him quit smoking & the side-effect was it helped his low grade depression to an amazing degree, according to him.

I am on meds too, one of them is more to help me sleep (full night's sleep for the first time since I can remember!) & they both help me so much. The crowning touch was getting back into fitness, especially with Cathe. This forum & the people on it have helped me a lot more than they know.

Best of luck to you both,
Ruth

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-01 AT 11:00PM (Est)[/font][p]Thank you all so much for all the kind words and encouragement:) It really means so much to me. Coming back onto this site makes me realize that my biggest mistake was not sticking around when things were getting tough. I promise not to do that again :D

I don't mind at all sharing a bit of what happened and what has helped me. Who knows maybe this will help someone else out there too. I had been doing so well with working out 6 days a week (cathe step, running and the ps series) and had been eating very well and losing weight. Around Nov-Dec I had injuries to my wrist and foot which kind of set me back a bit. But at the time I couldn't explain it I just felt horrible. I couldn't work out. I had no energy, I was just kinda "blue" all the time. I tried over and over to get back to my routine and failed and just kinda blamed myself for being unmotivated. I was feeling horrible so I found a nutritionist to work with. I went thru a whole evaluation with her and right away she had me tested for my Vitamin D levels. It turned out I was severly deficient in Vitamin D. This explained alot as to why I felt like I was hit with a ton of bricks in Nov/Dec when we had the least amount of sunlight. She put me on Vit. D supplements and also has me out in the sun everyday for 20-30 mins. After about 5 weeks I feel like a totally different person! My mood is so improved, I have energy and motivation to workout and my brain just doesn't feel as "foggy". It's been really amazing. I am also working on diet/nutrition with her which has also helped tremendously.

Anyway, that's the short version of my story :p If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them about my experiences. Im so glad to hear both Cyndie and Ruth are doing well now too!Getting back into working out is the best thing I have done. I love this site and its so great to meet such wonderful people. I look forward to making some new friends here.

Debbie: I remember you as well! In fact you were the first person to greet me on this site the first time I posted and asked where to start with Cathe's videos. You were so helpful and welcoming and still are! Congratulations on your beautiful new grandaughter :) God bless her and your family.

Alison

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-01 AT 04:12PM (Est)[/font][p]Hi, Alison...

Thanks for sharing your story, it was pretty amazing! I don't think I've ever known anyone who had Vitamin D deficiency...I take it you don't like milk? Or is there more to it than that? I'm interested in knowing what caused it, if you know.

As part of my treatment for clinical depression, I was put on "light therapy" & I can't tell you what a difference that made!

My real problem over the years has been a reluctance to consult with professionals over my problem. My Doc says that is part of the depression - you're afraid to change anything! Talk about a viscious cycle!

By the way, Debbie H. was the first person to greet me on the forum also, & she has always been a true comfort to me with her constant concern & good advice. I definitely consider Nana to be a good friend!

Okay Deb, I'll stop calling you that now! I couldn't resist one more time!! :)
Ruth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.