Rest week?

mizlaur123

Cathlete
Hi guys,
I am currently finishing up the second week of Cathe's August '05 Boot Camp rotation. After this I plan to do her June '06 Lets Work rotation. I was wondering if since the Boot Camp rotation is pretty intense, should I take a rest week between the two rotations? Or maybe don't jump right into the Lets Work rotation and do lighter workouts for a week in between? Thanks!

Lauren

It really depends on how you feel. IMO, a rest week once or twice a year is so mentally/physically rejuvenating. Your muscles do all the repair/growth work when at rest, too! After a break, I find I am really eager to get back to work.

If you find you don't need that long, maybe a few days recovery, just so you feel more refreshed & ready.

Doing too much w/o breaks is the quickest way to injury, burnout, and long-lasting fatigue.

Debbie

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

ITA with Debbie.

Listen to your body; if it needs a few days to re energize then do so. ;)

If you feel you need to do something why not the segments of Stretch Max? Or a pleasant, easy going walk around your neighborhood for a few days?

I usually take 3 rest weeks a year (not this past year, had illness and injury that gave me way more than 3 weeks!). I time them for our summer vacaction, the week of Christmas and spring break, and I train the rotation before the week break really really hard, so when the break comes I am ready, plus I know that those weeks are very tough to work out any how.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.