Resistance tubing?

Stephanie0523

Cathlete
Hey guys,
I am thinking about buying a resistance tube thingy. (You know with the handles on the end and the tubing...) But I have no idea whether to get medium or heavy resistance. I usually use 15 pound dumbbells (30 total) for shoulder presses, and 12 lb dumbbells (24 total) (occasionally 15 lb) for bicep curls, etc. So would that be heavy or medium? I want a challenge, but I don't want to not be able to get through my workouts... What do you think?

When in doubt go with the lighter weight tubing IMO. You can always find ways to increase intensity by putting 2 feet in as opposed to one. Holding the tubing up higher (past the handles), making a loop in the tubing on the floor and stepping on that instead to make the resistance tighter, etc. HTH!

It seems like the resistance tubing has a different sort of resistance than bands... but just thinking of how my different bands feel, I'd say that it sounds like you'd need a medium resistance. Heck, they're not all that expensive, are they? Why don't you buy both??? :D

And if you already own Dynabands, I think you can purchase just handles that will attach to the bands to make it work like tubing would instead of purchasing tubing as well. Just a thought...:)

My tubing came in a package of 3, light, medium, and heavy and I liked the medium the best.

It has however broke. I wrapped it around my shoes and did outer thigh presses with it. I guess my shoes ripped into it too much. But that wasn't until after it came undone from around my feet when doing lat rows and whipped me across the eyebrows in a very painful way. Now when I do these seated rows with tubing I use the light tube and wrap it around my feet (this also served to add resistance) plus I have my step in front of my feet to prevent the tubing from coming up and committing this lashing again. Just a warning. I was briefly traumatized.

Now I use the heavy one for outer thigh presses.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.