Relieved and Elated

I'm relieved AND elated. Today I was back in the gym and I was ready to be there. Ahhh. Had a strong and energizing workout.

Last week my head wanted me in the gym but my body felt like mud - I just could not get through a workout. I struggled about it mentally for a bit and then just decided I must need a break. So I took it.
Now today - I'm back. I was strong and felt engaged and relieved and elated to know I had NOT lost my drive and inspiration.

I actually liked Cathe and friends again! (When you feel like mud - and they're going non-stop - well its easy to just feel out of step with them and not like them - but of course, just an emotional reaction, for a moment).

I was very fit in college and in my 20's and most of my 30's. We have a very cool gym at home. I use to teach fitness and my husband and I use to go to the gym on dates. About 5 years ago I started my own business as a management consultant.

www.pricelessprofessional.com

It has been very successful and all consuming for me. I started to let workouts slide, started eating meals with customers, drinking more wine and just working alot.

I felt thrilled about business success but out of balance within my own body. I was starting to look and feel frumpy. I have one client who does a fitness boot camp for their senior leaders. I would go to their sessions to teach my leadership and communication classes during the day and then join them for the fitness camp in the evening. It always bugged me that the fitness leaders were kicking my butt and that I'd gotten away from the fit-me that I use to be.

Last year, in the Fall, I started back working out. Started a little slow, maybe 2-3 workouts a week. A good start... Then in January I kicked it up - cleaned up my diet, kicked the wine habit and got in the gym 5 days a week. I kept a food journal in my day timer, read clean eating and burn the fat feed the muscle. Cleaned out my pantry, I journaled about what I wanted and why I wanted it (mental and emotiional alignment), bought a hydracooach ( a water bottle that tracks how much eater you're drinking) created a sign-in sheet in my home gym so I could hold myself accountabile to me and then I found Cathe's web site.

I'd done a few of the old Cathe tapes - PowerHour and Rhythn Step from years ago. I stumbled upon her workouts. And I'm glad I found her now. I love the power of her workouts. I can see how in harmony she is with her business, with fitness and with herself - all things I am striving for in my business. Her professionalism and clarity, her energy and authentic encouragement, her focus and ability - all inspire me.

Since doing her workouts my strength has increased and I have really leaned up. I love that she's my age (I think she is...did I hear she's 43?) and that she expects strength and health and fitness, as well as professionalism, high quality and high value.

I jokingly call her and her team my new imaginary friends! They truly have become my fitness buddies. Because I am a consultant and I focus on how people learn and change, I know how valuable her formum and this sense of community is for us all - that is one key ingredient in the business of creating new habits, mindsets and therefore bodies.

This past weekend we had a 4th of July party - I'm in Atlanta and we have a great view of all the fireworks. I saw people I had not seen in a few months - I've gotten use to leaner me - so it caught me off guard (nad thrilled me) that every one was commenting on how good I looked.

Yea. :)

I'm small boned so while I still weighed light, I WAS looking dumpy. My size 6's were skin tight and I just was looked kind of motley. Now, my size 4's are very loosse (could I actually need a size 2??) my skin is clear, my arms are strong (I even did some straight leg push ups today!!) and I just have my pep in my step back.

I feel empowered and sure-footed. I feel confident and steady and youthful. Our good friend's son is a freshman at georgia Tech and he was over. He is a very good dancer and we were all having frun, asking him to dance for us. The kids today all do hip-hop - so we had him showing us how to do that. I was able to catch on quickly and just felt like it was all fun and happy. Learning Cathe's steps and just feeling body-confident that made a fun and open experience (6 months ago I probably would have felt old and self conscious).

Okay, that's my story. Thanks for this place to share all this. Most people are not all that interested. For me it just feels good to express it here.

Thank you Cathe for being in harmony with yourself. You have launched great and meaningful creations, that we get to all benefit from. That is the ticket to long term happiness, paying attention to your dreams and intentions, and then lining up with them. When we do, all of life comes to us.

When we have strong intentions around fitness and health and we do things that oppose that, it is doubly hard on us. Other who don;t intend as much in this area, maybe don't feel the seperation r the sens eof stepping away from self, that you or I may feel.

So I appreciate the venue Cathe and team have provided to assist in alignment for those of us who intend strength, fitness, body confidence and good health. I love all of Cathe's creations.

I love her demonstration of harmony with Self and her ability to have a vision that she then creates, even more.

Life is good AND getter more and more rich, blessed (and lean and fit) every day.

Life Expands and I'm Relieved and Elated!
Thanks for listening,
Suzie

Hi Susie,

I can relate to your post. I realize it was posted last summer but I just saw it. I can really relate to what you are saying. I was a fit Catheite myself, started my own business and exercising fell by the wayside. I was on my laptop constantly and focusing mainly on work. I just went down to my basement exercise area this morning and there are cobwebs on the weight rack!!! For the first time ever I have 2 rolls around my waist!! So it is an uphill climb. My husband told me that he has been dating other women so I think that has taken a toll on me. Life is hard sometimes......I am going to check in here more often and get my bod back on trackl

I can relate to your post. I realize it was posted last summer but I just saw it. I can really relate to what you are saying. I was a fit Catheite myself, started my own business and exercising fell by the wayside. I was on my laptop constantly and focusing mainly on work. I just went down to my basement exercise area this morning and there are cobwebs on the weight rack!!! For the first time ever I have 2 rolls around my waist!! So it is an uphill climb. My husband told me that he has been dating other women so I think that has taken a toll on me. Life is hard sometimes......I am going to check in here more often and get my bod back on trackl

Oh, hon-- hang in there! Best wishes for you in your journey. You're worth it!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your thoughts Brighton. I have much going for me so I am filled with gratitude and always count my blessings. The upside is that I hope to find my soul mate! I went to the gym today so let the rejuvenation of my body, soul and spirit begin!

岳阳北大青鸟

在明确了企业的技术需求之后,课程研发人员再从其中提炼总结关键的就业技能点,并用项目驱动、案例贯穿的形式融入到课程设计当中。这样一来,就能保证学员学到的都是企业当前使用最广泛、最主流的技术和技能,并且通过大量的实战演练,使学员完全可以掌握这些技术, 在ACCP5.0课程体系中,把学员编程的熟练度、规范度和职业素质作为明确的培训目标。学员通过参加ACCP5.0的学习,能够掌握非常过硬的实际操作技能,成为一名非常熟练的、优秀的软件开发人才。同时,在学习的过程中,ACCP5.0的学员需要接受全面的职业素质培养,确保他们在短时间内完成从“学校人”或“社会人”向“职业人”的过渡。逆向设计确保就业——岳阳电脑培训专业分析5362条招聘信息北大青鸟学费很合理——深入访谈386家用人企业——岳阳北大青鸟定制2份行业人才需求标准简历——针对286项关键技能点逐一突破——斥资2000万,组织186名中美印专家投入研发北大青鸟学费高强训练编程能力——1年半完成52000行代码编写——相当于1名程序员2年代码编写量项目驱动案例贯穿——提供CRM、ERP中型项目实战训练——演练26项全真项目案例,贯穿8大行业打造COT六脉神剑 ——训练目标清晰 训练手段多样北大青鸟学费——渗透学习过程 考核方法明确——岳阳计算机培训接轨职场礼仪 积累职场经验

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.