Regarding Pyramid and Muscle Endurance

Cathe or anyone else can answer this question. Has anyone performed the Pyramids Upper and Lower Body twice a week and after a full day of rest at the end of that cycle performed the Muscle Endurance Workout. I know Endurance must be higher reps with lighter weights but that does not mean it's easy. Assuming you finished the cycle on Thursday, a day of rest and performed the Endurance on Saturday were your muscles to taxed by Monday to start the Pyramids all over again? Or is this a workout that should be given it's own separate rotation? Also will this routine allow your muscles to grow or is that too much stress?

I've found that when you are trying to build muscle, rest is very important. Right now, I'm doing a program where each muscle group is worked directly only once per week, and I'm having great results.

I think the 2 pyramid/1 muscle endurance rotation would be too much. I would suggest either the pyramids twice per week OR the pyramids once each per week, plus ME. Something like PUB on Monday and Thursday and PUB on Tuesday and Friday OR PUB on Monday, PLB on Wednesday and ME on Friday or Saturday.

I have to agree with Kathryn. Keep the 2 * PUB/PLB for a little while and see how you do with it. That, plus 3/4 cardios per week, is plenty to keep you tired and sore!

Clare

I use PUB/PLB as endurance workouts. I do try to lift as heavy as I possibly can. During an endurance rotation, I do Pyramids with ME, BC, SJP, LL ~ along with 4-6 cardio per week. I get great results.
cathemade

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.