Regaining fitness after 5 kids

AmyLynn

Hi everyone,

I've been a lurker here for awhile, but this is my first post. My name is Amy and I live in Ohio.
I just wanted to introduce myself and say that I'm excited to be joining the forums. I have five children, ages 8, 6, 3, and 11 month old twins. Before kids I was skinny-fat, then after having my first son I kept 20 pregnancy pounds and got pregnant with #2. I then lost all the weight from the first two pregnancies doing Body-for-Life, but got pregnant with #3 and ate everything again. I lost that weight with diet/exercise once again. Then I got pregnant with the twins, and due to complications was unable to exercise or be on my feet much at all. I gained 60 pounds and am still working on losing the last 5 stubborn pounds (maybe after weaning the twins they will come off easier, or maybe I just need more cardio!). Anyhow, I have always been an on-again, off-again exerciser, but now with the twins approaching their first birthday, I am ready to get even more serious with the clean eating and working out. I've been working out with Cathe since April (although making the time with infant twins and 3 other kids is a challenge, I've been working out 5 days per week most weeks), and my muscle definition that is emerging
is motivating me to continue and stick with it for life this time. I own over 60 exercise DVDs, but Cathe is the real deal, I am finally seeing real results and will stick with her, I love her! Anyhow, I just wanted to say how happy I am to have found Cathe and these forums, I truly believe I can and will have a better body after five kids than I did before kids if I stay consistent with her workouts, and that's exciting. Thanks for reading this :)

Hi Amy,

Welcome! Wow you are amazing! I'm not a mother but I really admire your determination and will.

BTW, I'm an identical twin so I know you have your hands full. My mom always reminds my sister and I of all the things we used to do when we were little. :eek:

Wishing you continued success on your fitness goals!

Congratulations on your accomplishments! You are doing great!
My youngest is 15 and I still have *baby fat*! LOL!:p
Well, I lost it, then I found it, then I lost it again, but darned if it didn't track me down and find me again! (even though I moved across country!)
Aiming for her 16th birthday to lose it forever!

Keep up your amazing results! You are an inspiration, truly!

Becky

Great job! I only have three kids at home and I know how hard it can be. I can't imagine 5, and with twins no less! You're definitely an inspiration-not just to us mommies, but to everyone. And a role model to you kids, too. Keep it up!

Good Job!

Hi everyone,

I've been a lurker here for awhile, but this is my first post. My name is Amy and I live in Ohio.
I just wanted to introduce myself and say that I'm excited to be joining the forums. I have five children, ages 8, 6, 3, and 11 month old twins. Before kids I was skinny-fat, then after having my first son I kept 20 pregnancy pounds and got pregnant with #2. I then lost all the weight from the first two pregnancies doing Body-for-Life, but got pregnant with #3 and ate everything again. I lost that weight with diet/exercise once again. Then I got pregnant with the twins, and due to complications was unable to exercise or be on my feet much at all. I gained 60 pounds and am still working on losing the last 5 stubborn pounds (maybe after weaning the twins they will come off easier, or maybe I just need more cardio!). Anyhow, I have always been an on-again, off-again exerciser, but now with the twins approaching their first birthday, I am ready to get even more serious with the clean eating and working out. I've been working out with Cathe since April (although making the time with infant twins and 3 other kids is a challenge, I've been working out 5 days per week most weeks), and my muscle definition that is emerging
is motivating me to continue and stick with it for life this time. I own over 60 exercise DVDs, but Cathe is the real deal, I am finally seeing real results and will stick with her, I love her! Anyhow, I just wanted to say how happy I am to have found Cathe and these forums, I truly believe I can and will have a better body after five kids than I did before kids if I stay consistent with her workouts, and that's exciting. Thanks for reading this :)

Hey, great job with the commitment to exercise! You prove that it can be done - keep up the good work. You have every reason to be proud of your accomplishment.

Hi AmyLynn--congrats on your commitment to exercise and good health and congrats on the kiddos--I started working out with Cathe when I was pregnant with our fifth. I lost the pregnancy weight post partum (took about a year, cuz I gain a LOT:eek:). I lost the weight after our sixth child as well. Now I'm working on the post partum weight for number 7. I have around 30 lbs to go (I gained 70:eek::eek::eek:) Anyway, it gets harder as I get older, but it can be done.

Sheesh--if you only have 5 lbs to go, I'd say that's pretty darn good! Keep us posted!

Maggie:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.