recumbent bike recommendation

wendy t

hi!

sorry it's me AGAIN!! but i'm at my witts end....i've been pouring over the internet looking for some recumbent stationary bikes to cross train with....i've found some....that is, if you want to fork our $1000-$2000!!!! yikes!! i mean i want good quality....but....it's not going to be a family heirloom. (i don't think?!)

does anyone out there have any recommendations as to what bike, possibly where they purchased it, and general price range....i want to stay under $500...(actually, WAY UNDER $500...smile).

if so, please contact me...my birthday is coming up (ugh!)...but the silver lining is this bike...that is, if i can find one within a reasonable period...as they say, "strike while the iron is hot"! so since someone wants to purchase one for me...i want to be able to specify what a good quality and good workout bike might be.

thanks! for even reading ANOTHER POSTING FROM WENDY T....WILL IT EVER END????!!!!
we can only hope!! hee-hee

wendy

Schwinn

I know there are several Schwinn models of recumbent stationary bikes. The gym I belong to has one. It doesn't have a lot of extra features, but it's durable and comfortable. The bike shop near me sells Schwinn models staring at $279.

Tunturi

I have a Tunturi that I got a few years ago. I don't remember the price but it was well under $500. I got it at a Copeland's Sports at the mall.

thank you!

dear pam,

thanks so much for your response regarding the bike. i've heard of the tunturi as well as the schwinn.....i've gone to see the schwinn...nice..(a little bit expensive, though...)

but apparently, tunturi has gone out of business....and i don't know where "Copeland's" is located....would you happen to know if that is a chain store, and if it happens to be local to l.a., orange county california?

gratefully,

wendy

Copeland's Sports

Hi Wendy. The Copeland's I went to was at the Brea Mall in Orange County. I don't know if they are a chain or not. Too bad Tunturi is out of business; they had good products.

thanks!!

thanks pam!!!!! i'll go check brea out...it's only about 25 minutes away!!!!
(and the mall remodel, and FOOD places are great too, huh?!) smile.

thanks again!!

wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.