Recovery drink

ZT27

Cathlete
I was wondering if you ladies could help me... I'm looking for a good, top quality recovery drink. I've been drinking P90X Recovery drink and it works so well. However, you know how BB take weeks to deliver your stuff? I just ordered more 2 days ago. While I'm waiting for the BB order, I'd like something else. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I drink protein shakes but I'm looking for something for right after my workout. Not a protein shake though. That is my night time meal. Thanks!

Lisa :)

Hi Lisa!!

I don't have any help to offer you about recovery drinks, I just wanted to say hello and ask how you're doing. You haven't been posting much lately and I miss that. I've always enjoyed your comments and hope to see you around here more often. I hope all is well with you and your family.

Take care:)

Hi there,
I know I haven't been around lately. I've been feeling off and my computer is a real slug. I'm considering changing to high speed. I can't stand dialups anymore.

Trust me, there are quite a few posts I'd love to give my opinion on but I chose to keep my mouth shut. LOL

Besides, I've been on the P90X craze. I don't know why I waited until a month ago to purchase it.

My family's well. Boys are still crazy here but doing quite well. How's your DH? I've been reading the <--- thread but haven't been in the mood to jump in and bother everyone. LOL Thanks for asking though!

Lisa :)

Soy milk has about the right ratio of carbs to protein (4 to 1) for a post-workout drink.

Coconut water (from the inside of a coconut, preferably the young coconuts) has the same electrolyte make-up as human plasma (and was used for transfusions by the Japanese and Germans during WWII), so would make a good electrolyte replacement drink.

There was something on here not too long ago about chocolate milk being a good recovery drink. Just thought I'd throw that out there as an option.

I too love BB's recovery drink, and I hear ya on their shipment issues...it's like you need to put in an order for more as soon as you get your shipment since it takes them so long to get stuff to you x( x( !!

Deni

>>
>Coconut water (from the inside of a coconut, preferably the
>young coconuts) has the same electrolyte make-up as human
>plasma (and was used for transfusions by the Japanese and
>Germans during WWII), so would make a good electrolyte
>replacement drink.

That's fascinating. I always learn stuff hear. :)

Catherine

I'm not hear to sell anything or push a product, but you did ask. :) Shaklee has a recovery powder to make shakes with called "Physique", it's banana flavored and absolutely wonder. It tastes great and I love it, I hardly ever get sore muscles after a hard run and my lower back doesn't hurt either. Both of these problems I've had in the past quite a bit. It also seems to give me more energy.

Robin: if you are out there, you might want to help her out with more information ;-)

~Marcia~

Hi,

I could not find any coconuts and I live on Long Island where there's supposed to be a lot of things around. However, I was reading one of my fitness magazine and they said to take branch amino acids before working out and again after working out. I went to Vitamin Shoppe and bought Amino Vital supplement yesterday. Today I took some before working out and again after working out. I have NO soreness. It really works. I worked out real hard today.

Marcia, I used to use Physique. After a while it stopped working and I felt it was a tad high in calories, too. The shipping from Shaklee takes forever, too so I didn't bother anymore. Also, Robin is a real good friend of mine. She's a sweetie. :)

Lisa

Good Morning Marica…yes, I’m around…just trying to get Miss Ella fed this morning :)

And good morning Lisa! I know you have tried Physique in the past, but here is a little more info on Physique. I don't know if I gave you this info or not.

Also, here is a link to the research that went into this product: http://www.shaklee.net/robin_walker/prodNutResearch_Physique

If you want to read more about Physique, here is a link:
http://www.shaklee.net/robin_walker/product/20306

I'm just copying this from my fact sheet I have on Physique:

*Physique features a unique blend of a long chain branch carbohydrate and protein called Bio-Build

* Bio-Build nutrients are used by the body to trigger the secretion of insulin into the blood stream. Insulin in the body’s natural stimulating hormone promoting the uptake of carbohydrates and amino acids into the muscle cell for rebuilding.

*Chromium is very important in muscle rebuilding. Chromium must have a delivery system. No matter how much muscle building hormone you have available, you need chromium to drive the protein and carbohydrates into the muscle.

*Physique promotes muscle glycogen storage. Insulin acts as a potent antibolic hormone, preventing muscle protein break down. That is why with the right glucose response and the right complex carbohydrates, you can rebuild your muscle back stronger.

*Once the muscle is opened by chromium, a quality of the glucose long chained branch of carbohydrates and the rest of the essential amino acids must be available for maximum muscle building and excellent recovery.

*Muscle is 35% of valine, leucine, and isoleucine. Physique is made up of 44% valine, leucine, and isoleucine.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.