Recommended DVD and where to buy equipment??

CassBHealy

Cathlete
Hi there! I am new to Cathe and would like to order some DVD's. I am an intermediate to advanced exerciser and prefer to not combine weights and cardio (woulkd like cardio-only DVDs)...any recommendations?

Also, if I buy Basic Step and Body Fusion, where on the site can I buy the necessary step, tubing, etc.... I don't see an "equipment" section!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cass

hi cass welcome to the boards,

the step from basic step is sold in walmart stores. cathe sells the full club step and high step on this site. http://www.fitness1st.com sells the necessary equipment. you can also find the basic step here its called studio step. its much smaller then the club step.

as for good cardio workouts kick punch crunch is the favorite. plus on the dvd version you get the legs and glutes workout and several premixes for each workout and a few that combine the workouts. another good cardio workout would be any of the imaxes. the orginial imax is on the rhythmic step dvd that includes 3 workouts(rhythmic step, imax, and maximum instensity cardio) cardio hits and the classic vol.1 are cardio only dvds. i also like low-max (which is step work with low impact blasts to work legs without weights) and kickmax (which also has a leg segment with no weights).

i am sure others will chime in with other good ideas. hope these are a help.

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

I'm relatively new here, but I can speak on basic step/body fusion

Body Fusion is a step workout with light weights. Since your an intermediate exerciser, I suggest, like the other poster, that Low Max would be better for your cardio. Low Impact Step is another option as it also has body sculpting as a separate workout. I just like LowMax better than Low Impact Step.

I bought the tubing from Target. It had light, medium, and heavy bands with the hand grips for less than $10.

Kassia,

Thanks for the welcome and the advice. I didn't know there was more than one kind of step. Which do you advise I buy and will get the most use of? I was planning on starting with the Basic Step and Body Fusion DVD and then moving up from there. My guess is that I will advance rather quicky, as I am in decent shape and an intermediate exerciser. Look forward to your reply :)

Cass

>I'm relatively new here, but I can speak on basic step/body
>fusion
>
>Body Fusion is a step workout with light weights. Since your
>an intermediate exerciser, I suggest, like the other poster,
>that Low Max would be better for your cardio. Low Impact Step
>is another option as it also has body sculpting as a separate
>workout. I just like LowMax better than Low Impact Step.
>
>I bought the tubing from Target. It had light, medium, and
>heavy bands with the hand grips for less than $10.

OK, so am I assuming that "LOw Max"is a more challenging cardio workout than Body Fusion?

Low max is more complex with the choregraphy and the "blasts" are really tough but work the legs but its all low impact so you aren't not jumping around. i believe body fusion is a circuit workout with step and weights.

i would say if you have the room try to get the club step. i live in a small apartment so i have the studio step and i think my workouts would be more challenging if i had the club step. espeically on the rhythmic step workout. but the club step can also double as a weight bench and you can incline and decline when working with different angles in weight training.

kassia

I also recommend the Original Club Step by the Step Co.
It's the step Cathe uses in most of her step workouts (besides the beginnner ones), and can be used as a bench. The risers also fit with the high step topper.

The smaller step that comes with the Kmart kit is rather limiting, IMO, because it is smaller, and the risers only work with it. Unless you have a really small space, I would not recommend this one.

YIKES! I am confused! I feel clearer now on what I will order for DVD's based on your recommendations (thanks!), but am totally confused now about what step to order.

If it matters, I will be ordering the Low Max, one of the imaxes and Kick Punch Crunch for DVD's for right now. I will be working out in my bedroom, which is fairly good sized. And I would like the option of not having to upgrade to a "better" step. So based on that, which step would be the best and most versatile? It needs to go on my xmas list soon! :)

Cass

Ooops...also forgot to ask. Sometimes I like the option of doing cardio for only 25 minutes, or 35 minutes,.,etc. If one of the workouts is a 70 minute one, is it an option to only do 30 minutes of it, or would that affect the workout?

Cass

Cass yes cathe's dvd have premixes to make workouts longer or shorter. she has good chaptering too so you can just skip ahead to the cool down whenever you want to.

kassia

>Cass yes cathe's dvd have premixes to make workouts longer or
>shorter. she has good chaptering too so you can just skip
>ahead to the cool down whenever you want to.
>
>kassia
>

Is this true of ALL her DVD's? If so, that is great!

Cass

just the newer ones like the hardcore series,gym styles, body blast series, and intensity series. that others are just chaptered and have the mix and match optioin where you choose one segment do that segment and it brings you back to the menu to do another segment. also stretching dvd do NOT have premixes.

also with the body blast and intensity series it will premix segments from the two workouts on the one dvd. ex. legs and glutes/kick,punch,crunch have a few premixes that combine segments from both workouts to make a whole new workout.

kassia

The club step. Follow Kathryn's advise. It's larger, but you can place the board and the risers under your bed if your bed is off the floor.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.