Recommendation for a good tinted moisturizer?

LauraMax

Cathlete
Foundation is just not doing the trick anymore for my aging skin. Instead of hiding lines & that desert-like texture, it seems to be making them look worse. I'd like a nice, light tinted moisturizer instead. Any recommendations for something not too expensive that I could pick up at my local drugstore? Tired of paying $60 for stuff that makes me look tired & old. :confused:

I don't even use liquid makeup on my face. I use Neutrogena's Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer with light tint (SPF 30). It works great... provides moisture while also giving your face some light color. Love it!

Another Neutrogena fan here. I use the "Healthy Skin Glow Sheers in ivory to fair" in the summertime or year-round if I want a lighter coverage. It has an spf of 30 and goes on really light and weightless. I just put a light dusting of powder on top and I'm good to go! If I remember correctly, it was in the $9-10 range. I bought mine at Target.

Thanks ladies--is it a good moisturizer? I've found a lot of Nuetrogena's stuff to be kind of drying. And I can't use any kind of powder products at all--makes my face look like the Sahara!

The brand was originally to treat acne symptoms rather than aging symptoms, although I know they're "mission" has broadened significantly over the years. I def. need some kind of serious anti-aging moisturizer.

ETA: Nevermind. Just checked Paula Begoun's site & she rated it as the best, so I'm getting it. Thanks again! :)

Last edited:
I understand you've already made your decision LauraMax, but for anyone who may be interested, Revision Skincare Intellishade Tinted Moisturizer SPF 45 is very, very nice. It contains botanicals, antioxidants and peptides that reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Price is about $45 - $50, but a little goes a long way. I really like it. :)

I'm using Clinique's cityblock sheer SPF25 which has a non-chemical sunscreen in it since I'm allergic to sunscreen, in case anyone else has that problem. Its a lightly tinted sunscreen which makes my face glow (after its soaked in for about 10 minutes-at first it looks kind of chalky for some reason.) The other thing I've tried is using a little dab of foundation mixed with a larger dab of moisturizer to thin it out.
Beth

exercise-lover said:
I was wondering where you purchase the Revision product? Thanks (I like the SPF 45).

I've purchased it from my aesthetician, but there are some online retailers carrying it. I've purchased many skin care products from LovelySkin.com. Very pleased with their prices and service. For this particular product, they indicate that you must call them for pricing. Not sure why that is. If you do a search on the Net, you'll find other retailers carrying it as well. HTH! :)

I'm using Clinique's cityblock sheer SPF25 which has a non-chemical sunscreen in it since I'm allergic to sunscreen, in case anyone else has that problem. Its a lightly tinted sunscreen which makes my face glow (after its soaked in for about 10 minutes-at first it looks kind of chalky for some reason.) The other thing I've tried is using a little dab of foundation mixed with a larger dab of moisturizer to thin it out.
Beth

The Clinique CityBlock is what I used to use before I switched to the Neutrogena. It was great, but honestly, I found no difference between it and the much (much) cheaper Neutrogena.

What happens if your face sweats? Does it streak?

that is a good question; sorry, I don't know the answer... I workout in the mornings so my face is naked when I sweat. I do know that Tinted moisturizers are very light and the skin absorbes it, unlike foundation or powder, so I wouldn't think so.

So if you use this stuff (any of them listed in this thread) then you don't need to wear foundation anymore?

When I want something light on my face, then no, I don't wear foundation in addition to the tinted moisturizer. I, do, however add concealer and powder, but that's to my own personal taste as I have dark circle issues and tend to get shiny if I don't use powder. If you wanted to, you definitely could put foundation over the top of a tinted moisturizer. But if you want/need that much coverage, then maybe it would be a better idea just to use an spf moisturizer (untinted) and then put your foundation on. To each their own! I know what I do is not necessarily what someone else would do, however I do like the tinted moisturizers. It's my go-to "makeup" for summer or when I want light coverage.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.