Recommend a Spin Bike Brand or two?

katie lee

Cathlete
I have never done spinning but I do have a road bike and hit the bike paths in the summer. Which brands should I look at or does anyone recommend I go with a Trainer for my road bike instead? Katie

Hi Katie:

Some time ago I looked into these and the one thing that I came across that was different about some spin bikes was the size and/or weight of the wheel, I didn't really have any reason to follow up on it, kind of went in a different direction since, maybe something you want to look into though.

Bump. For the trainer info too.

I plan to get put my roadbike or my mountain bike on clamps so I will not have to purchase another bike. Schwinn makes one.

I have been doing a ton of research also. The options are endless and I was a bit overwhelmed by it all. I found this site

http://www.fitnessprofessorreview.com/introduction/

which helped. I narrowed it to a Bodycraft SPX and the Diamondback 910ic. Those 2 primarily because they were rated well, I was able to test drive both at local fitness stores and could get them serviced locally if need be. I ended up with the Diamondback.

Good luck with your search. :D

I have Schwinn that I bought about 4 years ago. It is AWESOME! I have never had a single issue with it. I did buy a seat cover so that it was a bit more comfy but other than that I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything! I think I spent about $700 on it. Well worth it. I'm super excited to get Cathe to be my spin instructor!!

Good luck!
Elena

We also have Schwinn's and have been very happy with them. I can't believe Cathe is coming out with a spinning workout! I am so very excited!

I purchased my Spin bike from Jeff Wimmer.

He has Awesome service. He calls you/emails back himself and walks you thru the whole spin bike ownership. He has videos on his site that you can view and his technical reputation is second to none. Good Luck!

He's on FB also. :rolleyes:

http://www.studiocycles.com/

Here's his WOW factor:

No other website in the world has this option!
You can call our toll free number and connect directly with me; Jeff Wimmer, the owner of the company AND most knowledgeable indoor cycling source in the WORLD. If you don’t get me directly, leave your name, number and any other information such as what your budget might be, what you are used to riding and I will personally call you back within 24-48 hours! I speak on average with 5-10 parties every day, from home buyers to large fitness facilities, often times on Saturdays and Sundays. Making myself available to my valued customers has always been just one of the glaring difference between myself and the rest of the companies out there doing nothing more than processing your credit card and sending you a bike in the box that they have nothing to do with.
Try calling ANY other website that sells indoor group cycles and asking them to speak to the owner, or how many tech manuals they have written, (We’re working on Volume 7 as you read this), how many bikes they’ve serviced (We’ve done EASILY over 100,000 bikes), how many bikes they’ve installed (We’ve professionally built tuned and installed 10’s of thousands of bikes for the biggest manufacturers at the best clubs), ask them what SPECIFIALLY they do to their bikes? Are they official tech support providers to any of the big industry leaders? (We are the first, current and ONLY official tech support to the Spinning® program in the world!) Ask about the warranty they provide (ours is lifetime) and do they do lifetime parts replacement? (We do) Do they have an indoor cycling specific retail store? (We have the only indoor cycling specific store on the planet) How many World Spinning conferences have they taught technical courses at? (5 conferences thus far and we will be in Miami for WSSC 2010) Do they consult with ANY of the big 4 indoor cycling companies? (We work with Star Trac, Schwinn and Spinning.com and we’ve had serious unofficial consults and pow wows with Lemond, Keiser and Trixter) Do they even teach, take or participate in indoor cycling classes or actively use an indoor cycle? (Jeff is riding or testing 5 or more times a week) Now all this and 4 bucks gets us a cup of coffee, but if you’re looking for the perfect bike to suite your specific needs and parameters, this option is PRICELESS and it’s FREE!
1-888-909-BIKE (2453)

Last edited:
Hi,

I just bought a bike from Jeff, too. It is scheduled to arrive this coming Thursday. Question: how difficult is it to assemble the bike? Does it come in several pieces? I'm concerned that I won't be able to figure it out.

I purchased my Spin bike from Jeff Wimmer.

He has Awesome service. He calls you/emails back himself and walks you thru the whole spin bike ownership. He has videos on his site that you can view and his technical reputation is second to none. Good Luck!

He's on FB also. :rolleyes:

Jeff Wimmers StudioCycles | New and Certified Pre-Owned Studio Bikes and Accessories | StudioCycles.com

Here's his WOW factor:

No other website in the world has this option!
You can call our toll free number and connect directly with me; Jeff Wimmer, the owner of the company AND most knowledgeable indoor cycling source in the WORLD. If you don’t get me directly, leave your name, number and any other information such as what your budget might be, what you are used to riding and I will personally call you back within 24-48 hours! I speak on average with 5-10 parties every day, from home buyers to large fitness facilities, often times on Saturdays and Sundays. Making myself available to my valued customers has always been just one of the glaring difference between myself and the rest of the companies out there doing nothing more than processing your credit card and sending you a bike in the box that they have nothing to do with.
Try calling ANY other website that sells indoor group cycles and asking them to speak to the owner, or how many tech manuals they have written, (We’re working on Volume 7 as you read this), how many bikes they’ve serviced (We’ve done EASILY over 100,000 bikes), how many bikes they’ve installed (We’ve professionally built tuned and installed 10’s of thousands of bikes for the biggest manufacturers at the best clubs), ask them what SPECIFIALLY they do to their bikes? Are they official tech support providers to any of the big industry leaders? (We are the first, current and ONLY official tech support to the Spinning® program in the world!) Ask about the warranty they provide (ours is lifetime) and do they do lifetime parts replacement? (We do) Do they have an indoor cycling specific retail store? (We have the only indoor cycling specific store on the planet) How many World Spinning conferences have they taught technical courses at? (5 conferences thus far and we will be in Miami for WSSC 2010) Do they consult with ANY of the big 4 indoor cycling companies? (We work with Star Trac, Schwinn and Spinning.com and we’ve had serious unofficial consults and pow wows with Lemond, Keiser and Trixter) Do they even teach, take or participate in indoor cycling classes or actively use an indoor cycle? (Jeff is riding or testing 5 or more times a week) Now all this and 4 bucks gets us a cup of coffee, but if you’re looking for the perfect bike to suite your specific needs and parameters, this option is PRICELESS and it’s FREE!
1-888-909-BIKE (2453)

Hi Sherry,

I just answered your other post, but will answer here too for your benefit. there will be a bit of assembly, but read the instructions over before you start and you shouldn't have any issue. I would say it took me about 15 minutes to assemble. Just be careful. Heavy parts so you don't wanna put them down on your toes or anything! :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.