Recipe request - protein muffins

LizC7

Cathlete
Hi Everyone
I'm looking to make healthy muffins so I have an on the go breakfast option. Can anyone share an easy (but yummy) recipe?
Thanks!

Liz,
Check out chocolatecoveredkatie.com. She has quite a few good recipes for muffins and other delicious baked goods.

Just saw this on Facebook. Mini muffin omelettes! What a great idea! I will try to upload the matching photo later, as it's not uploading for me now.

Ingredients

• Spring onion as required
  • Chopped tomatoes as required
  • Onion as required
  • Cheese as required
  • Green chillies
  • Fresh coriander
  • Capsicum chopped as required

You can use whatever you want, these are just examples.

• Eggs: 6 beaten with 2 tbsp milk salt and black pepper to taste

Instructions

Preheat oven at 200C/400F
Grease your muffin tin
Add vegs of your choice along with cheese.
Pour beaten egg mixture on it.

Place muffin pan on the center rack of a preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until muffins are light brown, puffy, and the eggs are set.

Let muffins cool for a few minutes before removing from the muffin pan or cups. Loosen gently with knife if they seem to be sticking. Eat immediately or let cool completely and store in refrigerator or freezer for later use.

Daily Health Post

the website mynewroots has lots of muffin recipes. They're famous for a recipe called the life changing loaf. It's amazing. I'm on my phone- will post links and recipes when I'm at my computer.

Not muffins, but these protein bars are no-bake, low-carb, can be put together in less than 10 minutes, and they are so yummy! Adjust ingredients to your liking. For example, I don't add any stevia because the protein powder I use is sweet enough for my tastes, and I sub hemp seeds for the sesame. Let me know if you try it. I LOVE these! :) www.food.com/recipe/no-bake-low-carb-protein-bars-402307

I've made these, they are delicious. I rolled mine into balls, then refridgerated. The recipe I used was a little different, but the same idea, thanks for this recipe. Looks wonderful. I rolled mine into balls, because malt balls are one of my favorite chocolate treats. Since malt balls are few and far between for me, now, these were second best.

As promised:

The Life-Changing Loaf of BreadMakes 1 loaf
Ingredients:
1 cup / 135g sunflower seeds
½ cup / 90g flax seeds
½ cup / 65g hazelnuts or almonds
1 ½ cups / 145g rolled oats
2 Tbsp. chia seeds
4 Tbsp. psyllium seed husks (3 Tbsp. if using psyllium husk powder)
1 tsp. fine grain sea salt (add ½ tsp. if using coarse salt)
1 Tbsp. maple syrup (for sugar-free diets, use a pinch of stevia)
3 Tbsp. melted coconut oil or ghee
1 ½ cups / 350ml water

Directions:
1. In a flexible, silicon loaf pan combine all dry ingredients, stirring well. Whisk maple syrup, oil and water together in a measuring cup. Add this to the dry ingredients and mix very well until everything is completely soaked and dough becomes very thick (if the dough is too thick to stir, add one or two teaspoons of water until the dough is manageable). Smooth out the top with the back of a spoon. Let sit out on the counter for at least 2 hours, or all day or overnight. To ensure the dough is ready, it should retain its shape even when you pull the sides of the loaf pan away from it it.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C.
3. Place loaf pan in the oven on the middle rack, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove bread from loaf pan, place it upside down directly on the rack and bake for another 30-40 minutes. Bread is done when it sounds hollow when tapped. Let cool completely before slicing (difficult, but important).
4. Store bread in a tightly sealed container for up to five days. Freezes well too – slice before freezing for quick and easy toast!

The website is: http://www.mynewroots.org/site/ and it's full of fantastic recipes

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.