Rebounders??

soobee

I have one of the PT Super Tramp Rebounders and would like to use it more than just for warming up on. I think I would be able to do more cardio work using it as I have to watch my knees with stepping, are there any workout videos/routines that anyone could recommend to help me make more use of it?
Many thanks for your help.
Sue

I love rebounding, because it allows me to run and jog with no knee worries (I'd never be able to do this on solid ground!).

There are rebounder-specific workouts available. Some are really old fashioned, but some (by Urban Rebounding, and Champion Rebounding) are more fun and modern. You might want to start with the Urban Rebounding Original Workout or Basic or Challenge workout(available at www.collagevido.com ). That will give you a taste of some of the rebounding moves that are used in their videos. Urban Rebounding ( www.urbanrebounding.com ) has just come out with 20 new videos/DVD's that have mixed reviews over at www.videofitness.com .

I also like Fitprime's "G-Force", though I would have prefered that they not interval with weight work (just one set per exercise per body part). It has some moves that aren't used by Urban Rebounding. Also, the instructor cues to bounce into the heels, whereas the instructor of Urban Rebounding cues to push into the ball of the foot. The "heels first" bounce seems to engage the back of the leg and glutes more.

I've taken a lot of the moves used in UR and "G-Force", along with some moves I made up, and I rebound along to Leslie Sansone walking videos. I like the music, and I like the fact that the workouts (the 3-4 mile ones that I do) are between 45 minutes and an hour long (many of the urban rebounding workouts are short: about 30 minutes). I could just put on some good music and bounce,jog and whatever, I suppose, but I like some kind of visual distraction.

There is a "rebounding check-in" under the "Challenges and Check-ins" Forum at www.videofitness.com that can give you some ideas for other tapes (both rebound-specific and otherwise) that you can use.

Do you have MIC? Several people do the hi-lo on the rebounder (with modification) and really enjoy it. The plyo moves in BootCamp would also adapt well.

I wish Cathe would come out with a rebounder workout or two. Many of the moves she uses in her hi-lo would work great on the rebounder, and others would need to be tweaked just a little to adapt to the surface of the rebounder.

I read of one person who uses the rebounder while previewing new workouts. Not trying to adapt any of the moves, per se, but working out in time to the music while watching the workout.

Hello Kathryn
Thank you so much for your reply, I will go and look at college for the video reviews you suggested and also the videofitness forum for some ideas.
Yes I do have MIC and have tried to do the workout using my rebounder but found the pace a little too quick...I was still in the down phase while Cathe and crew were in the up phase....I hope this makes sense?
I think the rebounder is great as it doesn't stress my knee joints at all.
I have heard that rebounding an help with celulite and increase core strength do you know of any other health benefits?
Thank you again for your help.
Sue

>Hello Kathryn
>>I have heard that rebounding an help with celulite and
>increase core strength do you know of any other health
>benefits?

Sue,
I think the cellulite thing might just be wishful thinking. I'd believe it more if the people who say this (Like Anna at Fitprime) would back it up with some studies. It definitely works the core. And it helps with lymphatic circulation, which, according to some, can clean "toxins" from the body. I also find that it helps with knee stability, especially when I work on one-footed moves.

Kathryn,
What kind of rebounder do you use? I'm very interested in trying this but don't know what I should buy.
Thank You!

I have a Needak rebounder that I bought from Urban Rebounding (they now sell their own model). It's a half-fold, but I hardly ever fold it up. I think most of the high-end rebounders are very similar. They all have the Permatron mat (which has a nice soft bounce) and the kinds of springs that are wider in the center.

A lot of people are getting the Reboundair because of some special that includes a free "G-Force" video. It has the advantage of a lifetime guarantee. I think www.bouncewell.com has a comparison chart. They are a bit more objective than others who have these charts because they sell all of the brands of rebounders that they list. Some other sites have comparison charts, but they all miraculously show that THEIR rebounder is the best by far.

Hello Kathryn
Thats great about the core benefit from using the rebounder,I am certainly weaker in this area and if it helps my knee stability also that would be a real bonus too.
Thanks again for your help and advise it is greatly appreciated.
Sue

Just want to let you know that Urban Rebounding is offering a special deal on their rebounders. It includes an Urban Rebounding rebounder and your choice of three workouts. The price is $99 plus $35 shipping. You have to email them directly at [email protected] to get the special. If you want to check out the workouts available you can do go www.urbanrebounding.com

It is being offered to VF, YaYas and Cathe's site members. Just in case you decide you are interested. I am not sure how much longer the special is being offered though.

:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.