Rebounder

Nicole_29

Cathlete
So total impulse buy this morning... I bought a rebounder, I've never tried it and really have never been interested, it just looked fun, I know my kids will love it but I'm hoping it will be a good workout... anybody have any workout recomendations or info... pros/cons?

Thanks,
Nicole

I have one and I use it several times a week. I can get my heart rate into my "zone" just jogging in place/ jumping on it. I read in Oxygen Magazine that Tosca Reno uses one I think three times a week. She credits it with reducing cellulite and belly fat. I read somewhere years ago that it reduces your risk for breast cancer. I do have some DVD's for rebounders but seldom use them, most of the time I watch TV while I make up my own routine. Conclusion - great purchase.

Jo

I love my rebounder and use it most days but not to specific rebounding workouts. I got a jumpsport one which I love because it has a softer bounce than the spring ones.

I tend to use it a lot for warm ups (especially in place of the STS warm ups) and I use it to do many high impact moves in my regular workouts like tuck jumps, cross country ski, jumping jacks and air jacks, high knees, jump rope, etc. It goes up against the wall vertically and is out of the way for other parts of the workout and is light enough to just put it down quick for those moves. It has saved my knees and allowed me to keep doing my high impact workouts! Sometimes I'll just bounce on it while I watch tv.:cool:

Thanks for the feedback.. I'm excited to go home and try it out.. It looks like it will definately help with high impact moves and be fun to incorporate!

i actually just bought the urban rebounder, b\c it was on sale through groupon.....i bought a different brand from academy last year to go with my xtreme UR workouts and didn't use it much b/c it felt so awkward and not loose enough.....and it looked much more fluid on the dvds.....so i bought the UR and i like it so much more.....it's more bouncy and loose.....i really like it, so i think i will start doing more of my UR dvds more:)

Hi...I am new to this rebounder. I never even heard of it until about 2 months ago (I know... I've been living under a rock). So do you do it inside? How high do you jump? I assume it's inside and I am bummed because I workout in the basement and the ceilings are low. Since I can't imagine it will work...all I can think about is getting it :)

Susan

Hi...I am new to this rebounder. I never even heard of it until about 2 months ago (I know... I've been living under a rock). So do you do it inside? How high do you jump? I assume it's inside and I am bummed because I workout in the basement and the ceilings are low. Since I can't imagine it will work...all I can think about is getting it :)

Susan

hey susanzabo.....i really like the rebounder b/c u can get a really good, low impact workout on it, but i think if u have low ceilings in ur basement then it might be kinda tough....i'm only 5'3 and think it would be tough for me to do it with low ceilings....but if u can find a way around that, then i think it's worth it b/c u get a good workout in a slightly different way......just my two cent.....lol......HTH:)

I'm a HUGE fan of the rebounder. In fact, I have 2 jumpsports (bungee-type), one for home and one for my office. In the office I try to do the every hour bounce for ~ minute. And I love to bounce on my rebounder while watching TV - it's a great start and end to my day.

I also use it when I'm doing STS meso 3 - for between sets.

I'm a HUGE fan of the rebounder. In fact, I have 2 jumpsports (bungee-type), one for home and one for my office. In the office I try to do the every hour bounce for ~ minute. And I love to bounce on my rebounder while watching TV - it's a great start and end to my day.

I also use it when I'm doing STS meso 3 - for between sets.

I also have a JumpSport and that's exactly what I use it for too, inbetween sets in STS 3, its sooo good for that. :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.