Raw Meal protein

ckanuckel

Cathlete
Has anyone tried Garden of Life's Raw Meal? I received some info on it and it sounds great but is expensive so I'm hesitant to get it without reviews. Does anyone use this or have tried it?

I do use it despite the price - usually wait for the 10% off day at the health food store. I don't get any GI symptoms like bloating with it. It does seem to be a bit more "powdery" than others so you have to be careful scooping it or it flies all over your counter. But once mixed it's great and results in a slightly thicker smoothie when I'm adding my other "green" ingredients. But it tastes great by itself as well.

I use it too. I buy from Swansonvitamins.com. Right now I'm mixing one their greens energy powders with Marley coffee protein and only use half a scoop of the protein. I use half scoops of Vega protein too. I'd like to tell you that the cacao greens energy powder and the coffee protein powder make a delicious cafe mocha drink but I'd be lying. But I don't mind chugging one after my workout or for breakie.

Do tell, more information, PLEASE!! I have to chug my greens powder first thing in the morning before I'm fully conscious. Kinda like choking down swamp water. It's that bad. (It does give me energy, though)

Last edited:
I tried it and liked it but I also really like SunWarrior's "Warrior Blend" of raw vegan protein. It's a great product and not as expensive (2.2 lbs for under $40). I love it in my breakfast smoothie. 100% organic and low-heat and minimally processed.

As for Whey protein recently I've been turned on to Protein 17 Organic Whey from grass fed cows and is also minimally processed. I find it to be expensive but great mixed in with my dried fruit and nut bars. I bet it also will be great with juice or Kombucha or even water but haven't tired mixing it with those yet. Note: the actual company sells it (1 lb) for about $40 with tax/shipping but on Amazon I've seen it for over $25 more -- so beware of that!

Last edited:
Desert, I'm guessing your greens powder is mostly Spirulina. Healthy but it's tough for me to swallow, too. The Perfect Food RAW greens I bought was impulse and doesn't taste bad at all. I am sure there are swampier, more healthful greens.

I've never tried Raw Meal, but if you are open to suggestions, my favorite "greens in a glass" brand is Amazing Grass chocolate, added to a protein powder smoothie or a regular fruit/veggie smoothie. It tastes the best of all the different kinds I have tried. The biggest drawback is that it is so expensive that I can't justify using it every day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.