Rachel Ray - really?

MidgetDogg

Cathlete
I keep seeing this ad come up in my feed on Facebook about Rachel Ray losing 32 lbs. and they show her in a bikini. I don't want to seem mean, but did she put it right back on? I just saw her the other day and she looks the same as always. She's way cute - but the food she cooks isn't gonna make her lean. I've made one of her burger recipes a couple times for "special diet-less" nights and don't even want to think about how many calories were in them (I do use ultra lean ground bison sirloin). They were fantastic, in case you wondered. Welsh Rarebit burgers.... mmmmmmm.... Gotta come up with a special occasion reason to make those soon.

Maybe I was seeing a rerun. I don't know, I didn't stop and watch and since I never watch cooking shows, I wouldn't have a clue whether is was a rerun or not.

I think the name is spelled differently....Rachael Ray??? Maybe it's not the same Rachel Ray?????;)

She said once that she runs.

I think somebody needs to take her salt shaker.

Criminee! (Kry mi NEE) :mad:

Last edited:
I don't think she has ever lost any weight, she's looked to same to me since the beginning of her 30 minute meals. So I don't want to know her secret for looking the way she does and I don't think she works out.

The few times I've watched that show I'm always impressed by her generosity. I think she makes the best burgers too, but I can't eat that way for very long without serious damage.

She said once that she runs.

I think somebody needs to take her salt shaker.

Criminee! (Kry mi NEE) :mad:

I'm sorry, but I disagree with you. She doesn't look so bad to me. I think she is great and super good at what she does. I am skinny though and have always been that way, no matter what. She isn't so bad, I think she has a super sized heart. :)

Gloria

I'm sorry, but I disagree with you. She doesn't look so bad to me. I think she is great and super good at what she does. I am skinny though and have always been that way, no matter what. She isn't so bad, I think she has a super sized heart. :)

Gloria

Who said anything about how she looks? I think if you turn around & add table salt to your cooking five times in less than 30 seconds, totally out of control, and she does that, and revels in it. Martha Stewart used to be that way with the butter, don't know about now.

I thought all those runner chicks would be defending her. Hahaha, you know eat what you want, say what you want, do what you want.

The biggest thing I dislike like about her show is it turned from meals you can prepare in a little bit of time to stuff that's just thrown together sometimes, unhealthy stuff that's just thrown together. You can tell that, just watch it.

It would be hard for someone who cooks for a living to maintain a healthy weight without cooking primarily healthy whole foods, limiting portions, and limiting added fat, sugar & salt. She focuses on none of these.

I've seen the show. That doesn't imply anything about her look.

The majority ofvwhat she prepares is a nutritional nightmare! Most of it looks gross, too. Yuck

Who said anything about how she looks? I think if you turn around & add table salt to your cooking five times in less than 30 seconds, totally out of control, and she does that, and revels in it. Martha Stewart used to be that way with the butter, don't know about now.

I thought all those runner chicks would be defending her. Hahaha, you know eat what you want, say what you want, do what you want.

The biggest thing I dislike like about her show is it turned from meals you can prepare in a little bit of time to stuff that's just thrown together sometimes, unhealthy stuff that's just thrown together. You can tell that, just watch it.

It would be hard for someone who cooks for a living to maintain a healthy weight without cooking primarily healthy whole foods, limiting portions, and limiting added fat, sugar & salt. She focuses on none of these.

I've seen the show. That doesn't imply anything about her look.

It's all good. I just like the show, so I felt the need to express my thoughts. :)

Gloria

I think she looks OK, and she seems a very sweet person. I don't watch her show because I'm not into those types of shows. I just was curious as to the ad using her name when she looks exactly the same as she always does.

By the way - I'm a "runner chick" and we don't "eat what we want". I have to pay attention to my diet even more than I did when I was doing cardio DVDs at home. There's a whole new aspect of fueling yourself correctly for performance, especially when you start incorporating more distance and racing into the mix. And there are some of people who THINK they can eat anything when they're a runner - and you can always spot them. They're carrying an extra 20 lbs on them and you can kick their butts to the finish line. For the majority of us, it's all about optimal nutrition.

LOL - I say that as I just finish off a piece of caramel apple pie. I slept through 2 meals this morning and if I don't eat the pie, it will get tossed. My birthday was Friday - so optimal nutrition starts back up tomorrow. :D

I would bet Rachel doesn't eat the stuff she cooks on a regular basis. My guess is that she's at the high end of her optimal weight range. It would be cool if they had a cooking show that focussed solely on how to cook healthy - REALLY healthy meals that taste good.

LOL - I say that as I just finish off a piece of caramel apple pie. I slept through 2 meals this morning and if I don't eat the pie, it will get tossed. My birthday was Friday - so optimal nutrition starts back up tomorrow. :D

Woman...! You are cracking me up today and it hurts my face when I laugh, so stop it!

Oooh...and Happy Birthday!

I so get that Donna, the fuel part, you know they're out there though, and for some people that is the goal to eat/drink whatever, I've never really been one of those girls. I think she's short as well, that & the celeb lifestyle surely makes it harder.

Then too, I'm not a pie eater, but if we're talkin' CAKE, no way that's goin' in the bin! :eek:

Happy B-Day runner chick!

Rachael Ray looks the same as ever, so... no idea.

I used to find her perkiness annoying as heck, but now I appreciate the user-friendliness of her show and her cookbooks. I *really* suck at cooking, but I think she makes it a bit easier for people like me. :D

She does make some seriously unhealthy stuff, but I do think it's easy to find healthy substitutes here and there when I try her recipes. :)

I so get that Donna, the fuel part, you know they're out there though, and for some people that is the goal to eat/drink whatever, I've never really been one of those girls. I think she's short as well, that & the celeb lifestyle surely makes it harder.

Then too, I'm not a pie eater, but if we're talkin' CAKE, no way that's goin' in the bin! :eek:

Happy B-Day runner chick!

Oh, yeah... no I get your meaning. Yes, there are people out there who do run a lot so they can eat whatever they want. But they really don't get the same results as those who watch their diets. They're the skinny fat people.

I went to one of her shows and just happened to run into her when she was walking up to the building. She's not so perky in person.

I have been cooking for 30+ years and her recipes don't turn out like they should. I followed them to "the letter" and every dish was horrible. I've thrown all of the recipes out.

Hmm... I really like her. Her personality is a bit annoying, but she basically taught me to cook after I got married. I can't say I've ever had a problem with her recipes turning out, in fact that's one of my favorite things about her recipes - they always seem to work. That said, I prefer her older books. I like the recipes in her newer ones, but they always require a TON of (expensive) ingredients.

As far as healthiness? I dunno. It's better than takeout, but I don't cook that way all the time, and I NEVER use as much "evoo" as she calls for :)

Her weight? I've been watching her cooking show (not her talk show) for years. She looks like a definite yo-yoer to me. I think she went low carb for awhile.

I have stopped on Rachel's cooking shows here and there over the years but not enough to note changes in her figure. She's always seemed okay to me...not skinny, not fat...kind of normal/average looking weight wise. She's certainly adorable regardless. No doubt about her being an attractive woman.

As for her recipes, although they look fabulous, I have never made any of them. It used to be because I didn't like to cook. Now I am learning to enjoy it but I am not going to make the effort to cook a recipe that I will likely feel guilty for eating....:confused:

I'm becoming a better cook since going to a clean diet, since I have to cook everything so I know exactly what's in it. I've really only tried 2 of Rachel's recipes. One was great (the Welsh rarebit burgers) and the other one was awful. It was so bad, I can't even remember what it was. Makes me wonder why they publish these.

I once got this healthy cooking for kids book and made a dish for my daughter. She's a very picky eater, so when she said it was bad - I told her to eat it anyway. After a few bites, she started crying. I got annoyed and tried it myself. Then I took her plate away, gave the leftovers to the dogs and apologized for making her eat such crap. If it had tasted OK, that would've been different. I didn't bother trying anything else from the book.

I think she's adorable. If she's fat, then I'm fat too. And I don't consider myself fat. If she lost 32 pounds, she'd look unhealthy, IMO.

As for her recipes, I have her first cookbook and love it. I use it on special occasions for pasta dishes. Many of her recipes are rather healthy and others can be modified to be made healthier. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.