Question on Turbo Tower Assembly

Shelbygirl

Cathlete
Hi Cathe/SNM.

I purchased my tower years ago but am embarrassed to say I never put it together until today. (I finally was motivated by the new Barre workout). It seems kind of wobly, but I understand that is supposed to be normal.

My question is, what length screws are being used for the base on the models being made today? The screws that came with mine are two inches, but barely stick out through all the base pieces. It seems like the nuts are barely on the screws. Are longer screws being used today or is what I am experiencing the norm? I am wondering if I need to get longer screws?

I just want to be sure my tower is as sturdy and safe as possible.

Thanks,
Shelbygirl

wobbly tower

I put mine together last night and while assembly was easy, it does wobble. I used the 'nut' tool along with the screwdriver to tighten the screws as tight as possible without stripping them, but the tower does wobble.
I hope you get some help from Cathe.com on this!! I'd like to know what to do as well.

It is supposed to have a little "wobble." Once the screws have gone through the holes, extra length won't increase stability - that will only make the screws easier to catch on and injure yourself. A little give in the tower is normal.

Hi Cathe/SNM.

I purchased my tower years ago but am embarrassed to say I never put it together until today. (I finally was motivated by the new Barre workout). It seems kind of wobly, but I understand that is supposed to be normal.

My question is, what length screws are being used for the base on the models being made today? The screws that came with mine are two inches, but barely stick out through all the base pieces. It seems like the nuts are barely on the screws. Are longer screws being used today or is what I am experiencing the norm? I am wondering if I need to get longer screws?

I just want to be sure my tower is as sturdy and safe as possible.

Thanks,
Shelbygirl

The Tower is designed to lock in when a load is put on it. so a little wobble is expected. The screws are a tight fit, you just have to make sure they are put in all of the way.

Thanks! I did make sure to have the screws in completely, and I used the tools that came with the tower to make sure they were tightened completely as well If the 'give' is normal I'll just adjust to it!

From my experience putting together the barre and a spin bike, expect adjustments.

JT, what adjustments do you mean on the Turbo Tower? I made sure the nuts/screws are as tight as possible without stripping them, and it's still a bit wobbly, but I don't think it'll be a problem (at least I hope not!).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.