Question on hotel block

L Sass

Cathlete
Hi Cathe and Chris. Guess we're rolling toward Glassboro '14! YAY! Thanks again for all you put into these experiences. You are amazing.

I have a question about the new hotel block of rooms. In the overview of the RT info it says for the new hotel you've reserved a block, and the rooms are king or 2-queen. I tried to book a king (my hubby is likely joining me on the trip) but there were no king options.

Is that just a typo, or might all of the king rooms be gone already? TIA.

I also noticed that the group rate reservation only allows check out on Sunday the 27th. Is the group rate not available for Sunday night for those who don't like to fight those afternoon thunderstorm flights? Do we have to make a separate reservation for Sunday night directly through Marriott?

TIA

Jean

To my knowledge Jean, they have never included Sunday night in the group rate. I had to call to set up my reservation so I could include Sunday.

Catherine, you are probably right. I've been splitting a 2 bedroom suite at Residence for so many years, that I haven't used the road trip block in a long time.

Today after I booked from Cathe's site, I called Marriott and added on Sunday night. I should be set.

Thanks,
Jean

I have a question about the new hotel block of rooms. In the overview of the RT info it says for the new hotel you've reserved a block, and the rooms are king or 2-queen. I tried to book a king (my hubby is likely joining me on the trip) but there were no king options.

Is that just a typo, or might all of the king rooms be gone already? TIA.

Lori, have you called the Marriott directly to find out? I actually booked a king room when the RT announcement was made - before even securing a spot on the trip. :eek: Hopefully, you'll be able to get the room you want. Good luck.

Thanks all. I did phone, and they advised that there are no kings, and it looked like everything was booked. The gal I spoke with advised that the group had only set aside a dozen of each and they were all taken.

:confused::confused::confused: Now I'm really confused. I'm tempted to phone the Residence Inn in Deptford and see what they have. LOL.

Well ----> there IS the residence inn. Only 20 minutes away. Of course, no lobby parties. Hmmmmm.

I just loved the atmosphere of a suite and those hotels so much. Rooming with 3 or 4 others also helped with the budget too!

Thanks all. I did phone, and they advised that there are no kings, and it looked like everything was booked. The gal I spoke with advised that the group had only set aside a dozen of each and they were all taken. :confused::confused::confused: Now I'm really confused. I'm tempted to phone the Residence Inn in Deptford and see what they have. LOL.
Bummer! :( Perhaps you could book the room you desire at the Residence Inn and hope that a room at the Marriott will open up nearer to the date of the RT? Good luck!

Well - following some suggestions on FB I went back to the on-line registration site. That says all rooms are booked, and when I called y'day they said all rooms are booked. Cathe has one of her assistants looking into it. Odd.

Have you all booked your rooms?

I'm not officially going yet (on the waiting list), but I booked my room. I booked AAA rate on the Marriott website because it was slightly less expensive than the Cathe group rate.

I booked the day I signed up and got two queens. I really liked the Residence Inn Suite last year. It was perfect. I didn't do the lobby parties ( although I intended to) I was just too tired. I don't want to miss out this year so I booked the Marriott, but the Residence Inn is tempting.

Any help on where to stay?

This is my first RT to Glassboro and I just got in after being on the wait list. However, the hotel is completely booked. Where is the closest place I could stay? Anyone have a room you'd give up (share with someone else?) My husband is coming with me.

Thanks for any help

Cheryl de Gier

Hotel rooms

There should be plenty of rooms. We're currently going through the list with the hotel. Evidently we have some people that are on the waiting list that optimistically booked rooms which we don't allow. We also have some people with duplicate rooms which may be booking errors because they're rooming with another person, but the hotel mistakenly booked two rooms.

May is always housecleaning month with the road trip as the final road trip payment will come due in a few weeks and this always leads to several cancels that will open up even more rooms.

The hotel is also looking into a few more rooms for us just in case, but I really think we have plenty. We just have some people that shouldn't have booked a room and some duplicate bookings. But we will have this all cleaned up shortly.

If you're on the waiting list please call the hotel and cancel your reservation, otherwise we will have to have the hotel cancel your reservation. We have to guarantee the hotel that all of the hotel rooms they reserve for us will be booked, otherwise they won't hold rooms for us in the future. We hope that everyone on the waiting list gets to come, but we have to give first priority to those that have paid and were in the first 105 group.

A question, SNM

Thanks SNM,

We have 4 confirmed trippers that booked 2 rooms under the same person. Really just to save time. Should we square that away with you so they don't cancel the second room, or with the hotel.

Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.