Question for those who have done Physique 57

Boingo1

Cathlete
Just wondering if it is ok to do upper body weights the day before doing Physique 57 (the one with upper body in it). I got mine yesterday and was thinking of doing a premix of Upper Body weights today and a run. And tomorrow the hour long Physique 57. Is that too much?

Thanks!

I think it's fine. I do not find these upper body workouts challenging, although you do get a nice burn. You shouldn't have a problem with heavier weights the day before. I LOVE these workouts for what they are doing for my thighs and abs. :D

Just wondering if it is ok to do upper body weights the day before doing Physique 57 (the one with upper body in it). I got mine yesterday and was thinking of doing a premix of Upper Body weights today and a run. And tomorrow the hour long Physique 57. Is that too much?

Thanks!

I'll probably be sorry I asked this, but what is P57? I find out about sooo many excellent workout dvds on this site - is this another one I'm gonna "need"?

It stands for Physique 57 which is a barre type of workout and is really good and pretty tough.

www.Physique57.com

It's been getting great reviews and seems very effective. A lot of ladies that lift heavy with Cathe for legs are humbled by these types of workouts, as it really works you differently and makes you actually shake if you do it with proper form. The music in the DVDs but the instructor is sort of chatty and goofy and has been compared to a female Tony Horton.

I personally like them very much. I find them difficult.

How long did it take you to receive your DVDs? I ordered mine on Wednesday, and am just dying to start it! Thanks!

I ordered mine September 2. I ordered all three dvd's. I called them this morning and asked where my order was as I have not received any notice that it had shipped. I was informed that one of the dvd's is backordered and hence it has not shipped. They have no idea when they will get them back in stock. So who knows how long it will take! :(

P57

Oh great! I just ordered mine a couple days ago! So, now I just went and read the email regarding my purchase and it said allow 2 - 3 weeks for delivery. Good thing I have 6 weeks left of STS anyway before I begin these. Plus, STS cardio should be arriving shortly thereafter.

First of all, I did the workout (60 minute one) on Friday, and yes, I agree, I was humbled! The upper body work was very minimal, so I didn't feel any stress working it after doing MM Upper BOdy premix on Thursday.

But the lower body stuff! WOW! I couldn't believe I was getting so much burn on this work, NO weights! It's good stuff!! I can definitely see how it shapes and firms and lifts your buttocks!!

As far as the ordering and shipping, that was the WORST experience for me. I'm used to Cathe.com. I ordered Stretchmax on Sunday, and got it on Wednesday!!!! P57 I ordered 8/19 an received it this past Wednesday, 9/9. So that was 3 weeks!!! Sucks!

P57 out of stock

I ordered on 9/3. Called on 9/12, told one DVD is out of stock so they are waiting. I sent them an unhappy message last night. I received a reply today, they claim they are out of stock of all three and will get them soon. No date or week mentioned as to when that "soon" might be. I clearly asked customer service if the items were on stock at the time of ordering back on the third and they confirmed they had it in stock. It is really indicative of what kind of business it is. No problem in saying what a customer wants to hear in order to get your money :(

I don't think that barre workouts in general have an intense upper body section. However the "Squeeze" workout is an exception.

I ordered on 9/3. Called on 9/12, told one DVD is out of stock so they are waiting. I sent them an unhappy message last night. I received a reply today, they claim they are out of stock of all three and will get them soon. No date or week mentioned as to when that "soon" might be. I clearly asked customer service if the items were on stock at the time of ordering back on the third and they confirmed they had it in stock. It is really indicative of what kind of business it is. No problem in saying what a customer wants to hear in order to get your money :(

I've heard this so many times. They really should be upfront about the back order situation. They should just post the information on their website. That way you can decide if you want to order knowing that the item is back ordered or in stock. I mean Amazon tells you if the item is in stock it shouldn't be a big deal to let us know.

I ordered last wednesday (afternoon) and got notice tonight around dinnertime that they have shipped! Looks like they got their stock issues worked out.... I'm so looking forward to these workouts!

Taylor

It was almost 2 and 1/2 weeks AFTER I got the shipping notice that I got them. Just so you don't expect them soon! :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.