Question for those who do TA

jacmar

Cathlete
I have Meta Omni and almost all the work is on all fours. Are any of the Meta's more standing work?

Also, is there any one Meta that has more upper body work?

TIA :)

No they are all about the same. I have done Meta Omni and from what I understand from others it is the hardest of the Metas.
This was a grueling 90 days. I sweated like I sweat with no others. Also I got really good results--slimmed down everywhere.
Don't be misled by the arm work and the light weights. Your arms will be fried. Like Tracey says don't go heavier just repeat the cycle again.
I have worked out with Cathe for many years and have completed STS 2X and I still worked hard with these just in a different way.
Also be aware that there is really no cueing. I liked this after a bit because it really got me into the zone.

Link please!

Can you guys send links to the Omni or the program that made you super sweat for 90 days with great results? Sounds awesome!

I have all four of her centrics but am currently doing Hip. I am close to hitting the 30 day mark and I am loving it!

If you want more arm work then consider getting her Mat Workout

Amazon.com: Tracy Anderson Method: Mat Workout: Tracy Anderson, Not Provided: Movies & TV

No weights at all in this upper body segment but longer and super intense!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: And IIRC the entire work out is done standing up....half is upper, half is lower.

HTH. :)

Since you have all four I will grill you :)

I have Mat and that's by far my favorite. I actually have all her workouts expect Dance Cardio, as I just don't dance.

I have Omni - of all four which is your favorite? Do all of them have work mostly on all fours?

Not Meta, but Perfect Design series has some standing, and the bootcamp book has some standing too, and Mat, of course. IIRC, the arm work in the book was really good, she has some very good webisodes for arms too.

I'm due for a good long T.A. rotation. :D enjoy!

I found all her work to be hard getting started, once you get started though it gets really good really fast, you'll suffer, but you'll be happy about it.

I'm due for a good long T.A. rotation.

[/QUOTE]

Me too! I have Perfect Design 1 & 2, Mat, PP, and Precision Toning. I am thinking about ordering PP2. Definitely time for some Tracey. Spring/Summer.

Glad to see this thread - I just started doing TA a couple of weeks ago - the Mat workout and Perfect Design 2 and 3. I have laughed at her workouts for a while - until I did them- now the laugh is on me.... surprisingly hard! Who would have thought swinging your arms around and using 3 lbs weights could be "challenging"- especially after regular heavy But - I still have to pause through the Mat routine arm section- it is that hard.

I have ordered Meta Omni - and hope that the workouts will be challenging enough after doing the Mat workout. Any thoughts on this? I would love to hear others' experience and comparison of these workouts?
I am open to doing the Dance Cardio - but I know I will be subbing in Cathe' cardio a lot. I know I can't stick to one cardio EVERYDAY.

Since you have all four I will grill you :)

I have Mat and that's by far my favorite. I actually have all her workouts expect Dance Cardio, as I just don't dance.

I have Omni - of all four which is your favorite? Do all of them have work mostly on all fours?

I have only sampled the others. I've literally only done one Omni, one Ab and one Glute so I don't know much except that yeah, they are all pretty much comprised of standing arms with/without weights, standing waist work, abs on the mat and some type of lower body on the mat as far as I know. Not all moves are exactly in table top postion but I haven't seen anything from that segment of Meta in a standing position....not yet anyway....

I find Meta far more challenging than Mat. I sweat during Meta and find myself wanting to go into child's pose alot during Meta.

I've read continuity is easier than meta. I tried meta and couldn't do it. It was killing my hips. I think I was losing form pushing myself.
I'm thinking about starting with continuity and working up to meta.
This was posted on the VF, it gives you some ideas how to do meta in a
raised position. Yin The Zone Basic 005 (Trampoline)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.