question for SNV videos

melly76

Cathlete
hi,
I've tried emailing a few times but they have been unable to help and told me to ask on here.so hopefully you can help.
The new low imapct series am just wondering what types of workouts these dvds are,
cardio supersets.
afterburn,
total trisets,
althetic training,
slide and glide,
which are classed as :
lactic acid training,
dynamic training,
density training,
and strength training.

Also can you tell me more about cardio supersets.many thanks mel

Terminology

With exception of strength training for Total Body Tri-Sets, these are not terms that we would use to describe the Low Impact series. Even with Total Body Tri-Sets the traditional meaning of "strength training" doesn't correctly describe everything about this workout.

Density Training is a fancy term that simply means do more reps per workout or try to do your workout more quickly. This is not something we normally do in our non-strength workouts. Most of our workouts blend "Group Fitness" with various forms of circuit, strength and metabolic training principles and this means we usually do things to a musical beat and a controlled tempo (This is not the case in Total Body -Tri-Sets or the Yoga workouts).

Since Density Training means doing your workout faster or doing more reps, this principle really will not work for most of the tempo workouts we do and certainly not the workouts in the Low Impact series. Sure, you could always add a few reps to an interval workout, but that will mean sacrificing your very limited rest periods and even if you are super human and can do this, I doubt it would have any extra benefit. Not to mention that doing things faster can and usually does lead to poor form and not utilizing full range of movement.

Lactic acid training is not a term we would use, but this term is really just HiiT training like you will find in AfterBurn. Cardio Supersets and Athletic Training would also fall in this category. In what some people call Lactic Acid training you just keep the intensity high and the rest periods between intervals low. This applies to most of the cardio workouts in the Low Impact series and even partially to total Body Tri-Sets.

Dynamic training just basically means you vary exercise volume (sets x reps x weight), frequency, rest and duration. Again, not a term we would use to describe the Low Impact series, but you will find this series plays with all of these variables. There is a tremendous amount of variety and workout styles in the Low Impact series.

What Cathe excels at is knowing how hard to push and when to pull back so that your heart rate stays in the right zone. This is part art, part science and whole lot of teaching experience that can not always be described by just a few words.

What Cathe excels at is knowing how hard to push and when to pull back so that your heart rate stays in the right zone. This is part art, part science and whole lot of teaching experience that can not always be described by just a few words.

Couldn't have said that better!

thankyou so much for taking the time to reply.i really appreciate it.You read different sites on what you should be doing and it all gets very confusing,so a big thankyou.I like cathe dvds and even better since i've had hip bursitis had to take out the impact.Realised before the injury probably doing too much bouncing around on a hard floor and doing similar workouts week in,week out without a day off,so it took its toll.
I have
travel fit,
mma boxing,
drill max,(could i make low impact?)(i have an urban rebounder which takes some of the impact,as long as am not bouncing around for longer than 20min)
high reps and HIIT dvd(which i loved and am not sure i'll ever be able to do again because of the impact)
low impact circuit(is this like the athletic training dvd.

Am interested in buying the afterburn,
cardiosupersets(does this involve weights as i need a weight less one as i do weights almost everYday)
athletic training,
slide and glide,
total trisets.
I'd apprecaite any rotation suggestions that include the ones i ahve and the ones am going to buy ,to prevent the injury recurring,so i get the right balance .i'd really appreciate your advice as you know the dvds best and alot more than me.big thanks again,mel

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.