Question about which Lower Body Video to purchase next.

e3lucy2

Hey everyone,

I posted this question on the Cathe board a month ago with no response so I thought I'd try you all.

I was looking to purchase another one of Cathe's lower body strength workouts (I use LL once per week and SL once per week right now). I was considering the Lower Body Pyramid Video but then I read about the new Legs and Glutes video. Which video would alternate well with Leaner Legs and Strong Legs in order to help me continue to build strength and muscle definition in my entire lower body region. I'm really quite strong and muscular over all (okay not as strong and buff as Cathe but I'm getting there with her help).

Thanks so much, in advance, for your advice and guidance.

Elaine
Wilmington, Delaware

E

E

RE: Question about which Lower Body Video to purchase n...

You can't go wrong with any Cathe lower body workout. PLB is excellent. It also has the bonus stability ball section that works the hamstrings more than any other home workout I've seen. If you get the DVD, you have all kinds of options to pyramid up only etc. I don't think you'll be sorry if you buy it. I'm sure her new one will be excellent too, but PLB is a great workout.

If by "Strong Legs" you mean the leg workout from the Pure Strength series, you may also want to consider the Slow and Heavy leg workout. The slower counts would be an interesting variation to what you are doing currently.

Or . . . you could get 'em all, including Slow and Heavy, PLB, Legs And Glutes, AND MIS.

A-jock
Always Spending Someone Else's Money
}(

If you are in it for muscle, it is Slow and Heavy all the way baby!!!!

You already are being tortured with LL and PS so S&H would be the natural progression. You will love it!!!

Janice

I've done weeks (I think months) of LL on Tuesday and S&H legs on Friday with the heaviest weights I can handle and have seen lots of definition. I think they compliment each other perfectly - very different workouts. The only thing I might add is that I always add PLB stability ball work at the end of LL and S&H to work the hamstrings - this gave me much more definition in the backs of my legs (I'm an ecto - so this was greatly needed!) So my vote would be S&H and PLB ball work if you can swing the cost of both tapes.

Now if I can find the perfect combination to get that Cathe upperbody....... :D :D

Briee

I would agree with that Briee..I add on PS floor work to S&H legs quite often. That hamstring stuff on the step is killer!! I don't even think I have done the stability ball routine on PLB. I work out at work and it is hard to bring in 3 stability balls! (three people work out with me)

Leaner Legs is great too, but I am oh-so-humbled for that one. Makes me feel like a real weenie. The weights seem to drop SO much! Power Hour lunges can make me feel like a true beginner as well! Hey, PH lunges tacked on to LL would be horribly torturing too...

Janice

Does anyone have the Power Hour + MIS and Body Max DVD .. how is it compared to PLB ? I am not so sure I am ready for the stability ball lol. .... Rhonda :7

Okay Janice...you've got to "get over" this weight dropping thing. (oooooo don't I sound tuff - I'm actually talking to myself). I am currently having to reprogram my thinking to realize that there are very important reasons for dropping weight, but I know I feel like a weenie too doing LL...I use a 30# bar and refuse to let my mind know how much weight I'm using because it would be saying to me "you little wimp...you're using more than double that weight for your slow and heavy work" My legs on the other hand are dying.....I'm such an endurance wimp.....I really don't think it would be much easier using no weights at all x( x( x( . Sometimes I've upped it 5# or dropped 5 and I find no appreciable difference. Now I remember someone out there who was using 70# for LL......was she from this planet?

Rhonda...I would love to get that DVD and hopefully can soon. As for the stability ball. Get one....they are fun to bounce around and I recommend just playing with it for a while to develop a "fun beach ball type feeling" to mentally associate with the ball. That way when you actually use it for PLB....you won't get out a knife and pop it when your'e done. (Actually I could have used my teeth to pop it... the first time I did PLB) BUT, you will begin to adapt to that hamstring torture. Nothing like it!!! Really get one }( }( }( }(

Briee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.