Question about update on Firestick

firemedic

Cathlete
I've been using Cathe Live on Firestick for a few years now and this morning on the bottom left of the screen, a box came up that said "your browser is not up to date, update now to continue playing videos" I tried to update through the box but could not. I check my firestick and it's up to date. I cleared my data and cache on the app but it was still there. I uninstalled it then re installed it and the same thing comes up. What am I doing wrong? I was able to play the workout but the picture was not clear at all, but it never paused or had any issues. I don't have a browser downloaded on my firestick unless it came already downloaded. Can anyone help me???

Thanks
Kim

Same here and pausing doesn’t work now. Hoping someone has some insights!
I never got a response so I emailed customer support and they said they see the problem and contacted someone to look into it. That was about a week ago.

I never got a response so I emailed customer support and they said they see the problem and contacted someone to look into it. That was about a week ago.
Thank you for doing that!! I see it on mine too and have for a few weeks actually. I did everything you did and it was still there so I have been ignoring it. It's still there this morning. Thank you for reaching out to them!!

Just to update everyone on this that we are aware of this issue. The problem is caused by a change Amazon has made to their code interface. This is not something we were made aware of in advance, so we're investigating what we need to do now. We're not sure if this will be a hard or an easy fix, but we're on it.

Thanks for the update. I hope it gets fixed soon because the last 3 live videos I've done, it's been stopping about half way through and I cannot get it to go forward. I'm going to have to go back to using my laptop until it's fixed because it's too hard doing a workout and it stops and won't replay while in the middle.

Thanks for the update. I hope it gets fixed soon because the last 3 live videos I've done, it's been stopping about half way through and I cannot get it to go forward. I'm going to have to go back to using my laptop until it's fixed because it's too hard doing a workout and it stops and won't replay while in the middle.

Thanks for posting this. My app is doing the same thing,

Is there any update on this? I cannot use the app at all through the Firestick. Thank you.
I haven't received on yet. But I did try a live one this morning and it didn't stop but the feed kept getting fuzzy then clear. I know it's not my internet because I have extremely fast and it doesn't happen with any other streaming I do.

Firemedic-thanks for responding! I didn't try it this morning before work as I limited on time but I will check later.

We also have extremely fast internet so that's not an issue.

Is there any update on this? I cannot use the app at all through the Firestick. Thank you.

Hi jacmar, We've been going back and forth with IBM about this and we're just now starting to understand what is causing this problem. The "error popup" is actually a warning that IBM has recently added to its code to identify outdated browsers and this is causing the issue on Fire TV. They are going to try to suppress the popup on their end, but I'm not sure how long this will take. But this shouldn't affect any functionality issues as it's just a warning popup.

We've tested Cathe Live thoroughly today on a Fire TV and Fire Stick and the videos we tested played fine all the way through and the quality was fine. We also had no problems with pausing and un-pausing. Fire can sometimes be slow to respond, so make sure you're not hitting a button twice.

There is also a way to kill the popup on your Fire TV now if you have Bluetooth mouse and don't want to wait for IBM. It's not extremely difficult to do, but it's not super easy either as your mouse may be different from ours.

Instructions for removing the “Your browser is out of date” alert on Cathe OnDemand on Fire TV

If you are using Fire TV and receive an alert in the lower-left corner of your display that “Your browser is out of date” when you play a Cathe OnDemand video, we are aware of the issue and working on correcting the issue. In the meantime, if you’d like to get rid of the alert, this is the only solution:

1. You will need to have a Bluetooth enabled mouse available. Follow your mouse’s user guide to unpair it from the existing device it is connected to if necessary.
  2. Go to “Settings” on your Fire TV, then to “Controllers & Bluetooth Devices.” Choose “Other Bluetooth Devices,” then select “Add Bluetooth Devices.”
  3. Place your mouse in pairing mode (follow your mouse’s user guide on how to do this).
  4. Your mouse should now show up in the list on the screen. Select your mouse to pair it.
  5. Exit out of settings and go back to the Cathe OnDemand app.
  6. Begin playing a video, and when the alert shows up on the screen, move your mouse around and a round mouse “pointer” will show up. Click on the “X” in the upper right corner of the alert.
  7. The alert is now closed and you can use Cathe OnDemand as usual. It should not reappear, however, if it does, just go through this process again.

Hi jacmar, We've been going back and forth with IBM about this and we're just now starting to understand what is causing this problem. The "error popup" is actually a warning that IBM has recently added to its code to identify outdated browsers and this is causing the issue on Fire TV. They are going to try to suppress the popup on their end, but I'm not sure how long this will take. But this shouldn't affect any functionality issues as it's just a warning popup.

We've tested Cathe Live thoroughly today on a Fire TV and Fire Stick and the videos we tested played fine all the way through and the quality was fine. We also had no problems with pausing and un-pausing. Fire can sometimes be slow to respond, so make sure you're not hitting a button twice.

There is also a way to kill the popup on your Fire TV now if you have Bluetooth mouse and don't want to wait for IBM. It's not extremely difficult to do, but it's not super easy either as your mouse may be different from ours.

Instructions for removing the “Your browser is out of date” alert on Cathe OnDemand on Fire TV

If you are using Fire TV and receive an alert in the lower-left corner of your display that “Your browser is out of date” when you play a Cathe OnDemand video, we are aware of the issue and working on correcting the issue. In the meantime, if you’d like to get rid of the alert, this is the only solution:

1. You will need to have a Bluetooth enabled mouse available. Follow your mouse’s user guide to unpair it from the existing device it is connected to if necessary.
  2. Go to “Settings” on your Fire TV, then to “Controllers & Bluetooth Devices.” Choose “Other Bluetooth Devices,” then select “Add Bluetooth Devices.”
  3. Place your mouse in pairing mode (follow your mouse’s user guide on how to do this).
  4. Your mouse should now show up in the list on the screen. Select your mouse to pair it.
  5. Exit out of settings and go back to the Cathe OnDemand app.
  6. Begin playing a video, and when the alert shows up on the screen, move your mouse around and a round mouse “pointer” will show up. Click on the “X” in the upper right corner of the alert.
  7. The alert is now closed and you can use Cathe OnDemand as usual. It should not reappear, however, if it does, just go through this process again.
Thank you for the response. I will give this a try.

Here is an update on my update. Just after posting my update, I noticed after watching the most recent Cathe Live (#268) that after about 25 minutes or so the video quality significantly dropped. We noticed this on Fire TV and on an Android device.

This seems to be a separate issue from "error popup" and probably affects all devices. As for now, we know this issue affects Fire TV and Android users.

We're also not sure if this issue affects all Cathe Live Videos or just some. We did test another Cathe Live video and it played fine. I'm guessing this issue affects some videos and not others.

This problem may be related to an issue IBM had a few weeks ago that affected all of our newer videos that we have uploaded since about August 15, 2019, but we need to do some testing. If any of you are seeing this issue let us know what Cathe Live video number you're seeing the issue on and what kind of a device you're using.

I don't think you can duplicate this problem by fast-forwarding through the video. Instead, you have to actually play the video and at some point, the stream will switch from high quality to low quality. Hence the reason we could use some help from our community to help us determine which videos are having this issue.

When it happened to me yesterday, I did #267 Metabolic Madness and I use the Firestick. The video did not stop but the quality really went down.

On Thursday night, I previewed #267 Metabolic Madness using the Firestick. It did not stop, but occasionally the video quality was poor. On Friday, as I was doing the workout, it stopped completely towards the end of the warm up. I was not able to get it started again.

I have Amazon's Silk browser app installed, so I was able to go to Cathe.com and do the #267 workout from there.

Thanks for your work on this issue.

On Thursday night, I previewed #267 Metabolic Madness using the Firestick. It did not stop, but occasionally the video quality was poor. On Friday, as I was doing the workout, it stopped completely towards the end of the warm up. I was not able to get it started again.

I have Amazon's Silk browser app installed, so I was able to go to Cathe.com and do the #267 workout from there.

Thanks for your work on this issue.
I didn't know I could install the silk browser and use it for Cathe.com. Is it easy to do? I'll try it out. Thanks

#261 Upper Body Balltastic stopped playing around 23 mins in and I couldn't get it past that point.

I am finding that the newer workouts are stopping on me and will not restart. I did #88 yesterday and TB Giant Sets which is in the high 100's with no issues.

Update 10-9-19: As of yesterday the quality problem with some of the Cathe Live videos seems to have been fixed. At least we're no longer seeing the quality issues that we were seeing a few days ago. We're still waiting on IBM to fix the browser error message warning for Fire TV, but haven't heard back from IBM when this will happen.

Also, we will be moving Cathe Live from the IBM platform to the Akamai platform in a few more weeks, so the Fire TV problem will be resolved when this happens if IBM doesn't fix it sooner. We've always used Akamai for Cathe OnDemand and we find it to be a much better platform with very few issues. This move will also mean that iOS users will once again be able to use Chromecast for Cathe Live broadcast and recorded videos. We will also start using HLS adaptive streaming for Cathe Live, which means there will no longer be a need to have a low-quality version of Cathe Live. If you have a less than stellar internet connection you will be sent a video at a bitrate that your computer or device can handle. We will have more on this as we get closer to the switching date.

For the Fire TV, will I have to reinstall a new app or do I continue to use the old one when this change is made?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.