Question about new series

indybulla

Cathlete
Hi!

I've been working out with Cathe for about 9 months now and have started a little collection of dvds:) I am getting much more comfortable with Cathe's choreography now and ready to attempt her more advanced stuff. I have been planning on purchasing LIC and BM2 as my next ones (for Christmas) and am very curious how last year's series compare to the new 4DS series?

I would appreciate your input!!

TIA
;)
Stacey

Ryan born 1/2/07
Emma born 4/27/03
Alex born 9/7/01

Hi Stacey,

I think you have a good plan with LIC and BM2. With the combined premixes with both those DVD's you can tweek a workout to have more emphasis on weight work: upper body, lower body and total body while reaping the benefits of some great cardio.

While I am enjoying the 4 Day series, I find them a little limiting for days when you want to have a long cardio workout. (You can double or combine LIS and HIS but it's a little different then the flowing cardio on BM2.) I also reach for LIC "cardio only" premix over and over again.

Some may argue that if more advanced choreography is what jazzes you then you should think about 4 day spilt, just be warned that the routines will leave you wanting a little more time on the step.

HTH

X

Hi Stacey,

My favorite workout from the last series is Drill Max just because it's so much fun! It's a really hard workout, but you can definitely modify it so it's not as intense. The choreography is also basic, and there are not a lot of moves on the step.

If you like kickboxing and don't already have them, you might want to also try KPC and/or Kick Max.

Hope this helps!
Leanne

X,
That does help a great deal. I think I'll stick with my plan of purchasing LIC and BM2 and may wait to see what new workouts Cathe comes out with in the next year. I'm not sure if the 4DS is the best option for me right now.

Thanks!!
Stacey

Ryan born 1/2/07
Emma born 4/27/03
Alex born 9/7/01

Leanne,
Thanks a bunch and that's a good tip about Drill Max. I may have to check that one out as well. I LOVE kickboxing and have tried the Fittv version of KPC and really liked it. I've been considering Kick Max as well but in the meantime have really been enjoying a Kim Spreen kickboxing workout that combines Hi/Lo & Kickboxing (it's called Cardio Camp).

:)
Stacey

Ryan born 1/2/07
Emma born 4/27/03
Alex born 9/7/01

Oh, oh, Stacey, if you like Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Camp you will LOVE, LOVE her "Absolute Kickboxing". Keep that one in mind too. Great music, fun cardio kickbox routine, and a very unique and refreshing combat drills workout. She is very catchy!

Hate to get you Jonesing for DVD's but somebody's got to do it!

X

I think LIC and BM2 are EXCELLENT choices -- I would name those #1 and #2 most fun step choreography. Lots of premixes, great weight work, and great abs sections too!

X,
Thanks!! I will definitely check out Kim Spreen's Absolute Kickboxing, sounds awesome! She is a great instructor too.

Stacey

Ryan born 1/2/07
Emma born 4/27/03
Alex born 9/7/01

Thanks Katie! I hear nothing but positive things about those two dvd's I think they will be the perfect choice for me. I may hold off on the new series for a while and get "caught up" with last years first.

Stacey

Ryan born 1/2/07
Emma born 4/27/03
Alex born 9/7/01

I think that last years series is much more focused on cardio/circuits/endurance style lifting.

4DS does have the cardio, and some circuit premixes, but the lifting emphesis is much heavier.

And I love, love, love Drill Max!

Maggie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.