question about meso 2 rest

aprilrain

Cathlete
Hi. I am on Sts meso 2. I find that the rest phase of one minute is too long. I understand the benefit and need it between sets to complete the 3-4 sets effectively. I was wondering if if doing another exercise in between would still allow for enough rest in the muscle worked. For example, doing cardio or leg work during the one-minute rest of the upper body body DVDs. Thanks.

Hi,

I am doing meso 2 too. Based on my past STS cycles, I am 100% certain the rest time is required. if you feel, IMO, it's too long this mean you are probably not working out optimally. It could be your weight selection and/or speed while executing the move is not optimal.

You can check documentation about the rest time required for resistance training and you will notice that the rest period on STS is actually the minimum requirement.

Here is something for you to read should you wish to

Cathe Friedrich - Resistance Training: How Long Should You Rest Between Sets?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/phano62.htm

To add, shortening a rest period is as per training principles a way of increasing the intensity. Without getting into too much technicality, intensity in training is important.

Last edited:
Thanks. The cathe article explains it well. Maybe I should increase my weights too. I did one rep max testing a long time ago so perhaps I have gained strength since then.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.