question about Lower Body Blast

michefit

Cathlete
I am really looking forward to this one - I love lower body work mixed with cardio. I often do the power circuit section from BM2 or scrambled eggs premix, and lower body circuit (DM). Just wondering how intense will the cardio sections be? Are we talking CCC/HiiT intense - or more like recovery cardio between weight sets? Thanks in advance for responding!

Hi Michele! Lower Body Blast is designed to focus on sculpting the lower body while keeping the body in fat burning mode. Cardio is not the main ingredient in this workout, it is an enhancer.

Therefore the workout opens w/a warm up and a short cardio segment to get the body in fat burning mode. Then the focus shifts to lower body scuplting (concentrating on the large muslce groups of the legs to keep the body in fat burning mode). After every few exercises a cardio burst will be thrown in which is like a one minute plyometric blast. This recruits more muscle fibers and makes the legs more responsive to the next round of exercises. This pattern goes on until the tape ends. So I would not classify this as being in the lines of HIIT, BM2,or CCC. But I will say that it works like a charm and will have your legs DOMS'd up the next day :eek:

I am really looking forward to this one - I love lower body work mixed with cardio. I often do the power circuit section from BM2 or scrambled eggs premix, and lower body circuit (DM). Just wondering how intense will the cardio sections be? Are we talking CCC/HiiT intense - or more like recovery cardio between weight sets? Thanks in advance for responding!

I was wondering how high the impact level is on this DVD. I can't do much jumping (knee issues). Are the moves easily modifiable? Thanks.

Hi Cathe! Thank you for your response...it is always a thrill to get a reply directly from you! This workout sounds unique and I am looking forward to the challenge...I love working lower body. Can't wait!

Hi Michele! Lower Body Blast is designed to focus on sculpting the lower body while keeping the body in fat burning mode. Cardio is not the main ingredient in this workout, it is an enhancer.

Therefore the workout opens w/a warm up and a short cardio segment to get the body in fat burning mode. Then the focus shifts to lower body scuplting (concentrating on the large muslce groups of the legs to keep the body in fat burning mode). After every few exercises a cardio burst will be thrown in which is like a one minute plyometric blast. This recruits more muscle fibers and makes the legs more responsive to the next round of exercises. This pattern goes on until the tape ends. So I would not classify this as being in the lines of HIIT, BM2,or CCC. But I will say that it works like a charm and will have your legs DOMS'd up the next day :eek:

Sounds killer...can't wait!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.