question about live classes

rgi

Cathlete
Hi Cathe!

I'm almost embarrassed to admit this, but I live in the Vineland area so I'm less than 30 minutes from your gym and have never attended a live class. The truth is, I'm scared to death to get there and not know what I'm doing!!!:)

I'm just curious as to which of your workouts, if any, most resembles one of the classes that you teach. Maybe if I feel I've "mastered" it on DVD, I'll get up the nerve to come for a visit!!!

Hope to see you soon!
Michele

Not Cathe, but I went to on the last Road Trip and the step class was the hardest to follow of the 4 she taught, IMO. On her club's website, it says Cathe teaches Kickboxing, High Step Sculpting and Step. Of those 3, I would think the high step class would be the easiest to follow because the cardio choreography is shorter and less complex. Of course, she'd still be brutal--in a good way! You really have to meet her--she is soooooo nice and absolutely gorgeous. She's funny too--she kept doing these evil "witch" laughs during the workouts and making these side comments--just like she does in her videos! You'll be blown away by the experience, I guarantee it. Have fun and HTH!

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Not Cathe, either...:)

I live in Cape May County, and have had the pleasure of attending a couple of Cathe's High Step classes, and plan on continuing to go twice a month, and I'm here to tell you please don't worry about anything...just go!!

I thought the same as you did, but decided to go for it, and it is one of the greatest things I have done for myself in a long time. I was nervous at first, but I modified when I needed to, and looked around the class at some of her regulars, and they all modified when needed!!

As far as meeting Cathe, it was a pleasure..she has a way of making you feel welcome at first, and then she has the nicest way of kicking your butt!!...:eek:

Cathe is as nice as everyone here has told you, just a normal, down-to-earth a person as you get ever want to meet..there is not a hint of celebrity about her!!

If you decide to go, make sure to PM Cathe because sometimes she has schedule conflicts and has to get coverage for her classes...I do so about 2 days before heading up.

If you think you might want to try the High Step Class, you could also PM me and I'd be more than happy to meet you up there. If a guy with two left feet can do this, you surely can!!

I look at the whole experience this way..if you ever wanted to learn to cook, and Emeril LaGasse was teaching cooking classes and you could make the trip..why wouldn't you..it's a unique chance to work out with the very best in the game..don't you owe it to yourself...c'mon, go for it..you'll be glad you did!!

Feel free to PM me as well, like I said.

Sooo much fun!!

Jerry

Jerry,

Hi, you brave soul! I live only about 20 minutes away from Cathe's club, and I, too, am nervous about taking a class with her. Yet I'd be honored to meet her.

BTW, what do you mean by PM?

Because you were so brave, I'll just have to give it a go now.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Susanne

Susanne -

Okay, you're 20 minutes away, I'm 30 minutes and there are people who come across the country to take a class with Cathe. What's wrong with us???:)

I just wanted to thank everyone for the positive feedback. I actually know a few people who taught with Cathe at a gym in Vineland back in "the day" and EVERYONE says what a sweetie she is, so I would be thrilled to meet her. In fact one of them wants to come with me when I get up the nerve to actually make the trip to Glassboro. (Do you remember Eileen from Madden's, Cathe?)

Thanks, again, everyone!

Man -- if I was only about 20 minutes away, I would be at EVERY class she taught! I'm from Texas and went on her road trip and absolutely LOVED her live workouts. Since I have done her workouts since the early 1990's, it was so easy to follow along (since I was so used to her cueing, etc), even when there were some tricky moves she threw in -- I could handle it! At the roadtrip, she pretty much stuck with the usual style everyone is used to, but would throw in a little something extra here and there, but made it really fun! If you can attend the live workouts, I highly recommend to do so!!

Julie

Hi Julie!

I'm with you, if I lived that close, I'd join the gym and go to her classes all the time!

Don't be nervous...Cathe really is as sweet as everyone says. You'll love it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.