Question about IMAX workouts

UKCatheFan

Cathlete
Hi All

I want to buy one of the IMAX workouts and my questions is basically this: I want to get the one that will make the LEAST amount of noise for the people who live downstairs. Basically, which one has the least "up and down" jumps? Generally movements that are quick or move from side to side are fine, as opposed to two footed jumps from a great height. Which one do you think would be the most suitable.

Thank you to anyone who can help with this (and I hope I have made sense!)

Trevor

Not sure, but Imax 1 uses the floor the most whereas Imaxes 2 and 3 use the step a lot. I think Imax 3 features the most two-footed jumping (jumping onto the step, off the step, etc). Hope this helped!

IMAX 3 definitely has the most two-footed jumps and I definitely hear the loudest pounding on the step with that one. I honestly can't think which would be quieter - 1 or 2. Well, at least we narrowed it down to two of them for you!

Shelbygirl

I've had the same problem with apartment living and I can tell you that Imax1 makes the least amount of noise, but that they both make a lot of noise no matter what. If the noise is a huge problem you might want to get Imax 1 and Imax 2 and either program/disc skip/swap dvd's out halfway through to combine the 10 intervals that make the least amount of noise. That way it's be like having 3 different Cathe workouts, 2 of which you could do when you knew your neighbors weren't home!
Hope this helps,
Mattea

Hello gang

Thanks for your replies. They have been VERY helpful. I think I will get IMAX 1 or 2 (or maybe get both in a credit card frenzy!!!). The idea of programming the DVD player to play the quietest intervals was really cute... Maybe we should ask Cathe for a "Quiet Premix" on future DVDs!!! hehe

Once again thank you for taking the time to help.

Trevor

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.