Question about Downloads Vs. DVDs

bigbadbrandini

Cathlete
Cathe and The Team,

I love this, but now I'm can't decide what to do: stay with DVDs or go all-out electronic?

When you come out with future workouts on DVD and download, I take it they will still be separate, right? For instance, with STS Shock Cardio, I've preordered the DVDs. If I want the downloads too, I have to pay for the downloads separately?

It seems reduntant to me that I have invested $1000s in Cathe DVDs and now if I want to switch to "the electronic age" I have to buy all the downloads.

I hope that in the future, you will consider providing the download version (or a code to get it that may expire within 30 days) with the DVDs. I know you need to maximize your profits (and I can't even imagine how much it costs to run a download site), but when I buy a CD from Target, I can take it home and put it on my Ipod. I don't HAVE to buy a separate download. I'm not sure I can do that with DVDs, I've never tried. My friends say that I can put my DVDs in electronic format with special software, but I'd rather just play it safe and get my workouts directly from your site (hence my $1000s spent on your DVDs). Perhaps I could send all my DVDs back to you and you can send me the downloads, oh how I wish it could work like that, but I seriously doubt it.

I only wish I wouldn't have to dump more money into something that I ALREADY HAVE. So, my question is, when the STS Shock Cardio DVD's come out, will those of us who preordered the DVDs still have to buy the download separately?

As long as you have already pre-ordered the entire Shock Cardio series or do so by October 31 st you will receive a coupon good for a free download of all the Shock Cardio workouts.

We have already been through a similar situation with VHS tapes. Most of our customers back then re-purchased all of their workouts on DVD even though they already had all of them on VHS. This is why we're are offering a limited time special to order our entire current collection for only $599.

In the future we will offer you a choice of buying either DVDs or downloads. The downloads will not be free as we're doing this time for people who have ordered the entire Shock Cardio series.

We will continue to offer DVDs as long as it makes business sense to do so. Eventually we feel that DVDs will become obsolete, but this will not happen overnight.

The advantage of downloads are many:
1. No Shipping costs - this is even more important for international customers
2. No import taxes for most International customers
3. No defective DVDs
4. Instant delivery of your purchase - no more waiting
5. Easily take your workouts to the Gym or wherever you travel

I guess I should have read my email before I posted this! Thanks for answering my question SNM.

And you make some good points why I should go electronic/digital. It is defenitely more "green." I'm just saving up my money for MacBook right now and I hope to also get a nice big iPod for Cathe workouts when I get the laptop (if I keep saving the way I am now, I should have my laptop and ipod by summer 2010...waiting hurts, but I've learned a lot of patience just waiting for my tower and STS Shock Cardio! LOL!). For right now, I have to stick to DVDs.

This download site is just another way to show how innovative Cathe can be, and why she is so popular in the global fitness industry. Kudos to Cathe and her team!

Wouldn't getting the Shock Cardio download at a future date be cheaper than the Shock Cardio package of DVD's which I preordered? I may want to wait for the download if it will be cheaper than the DVD's.

Thanks!
linda

As long as you have already pre-ordered the entire Shock Cardio series or do so by October 31 st you will receive a coupon good for a free download of all the Shock Cardio workouts.

We have already been through a similar situation with VHS tapes. Most of our customers back then re-purchased all of their workouts on DVD even though they already had all of them on VHS. This is why we're are offering a limited time special to order our entire current collection for only $599.

In the future we will offer you a choice of buying either DVDs or downloads. The downloads will not be free as we're doing this time for people who have ordered the entire Shock Cardio series.

We will continue to offer DVDs as long as it makes business sense to do so. Eventually we feel that DVDs will become obsolete, but this will not happen overnight.

The advantage of downloads are many:
1. No Shipping costs - this is even more important for international customers
2. No import taxes for most International customers
3. No defective DVDs
4. Instant delivery of your purchase - no more waiting
5. Easily take your workouts to the Gym or wherever you travel

I'm order #2 and way excited to get Shock Cardio! I'm reading through this and had a question---is the above statement true? Since I preordered the entire series will I get a coupon to download the entire Shock Cardio series in April?? Thanks!

Denise

Bumping--wanted SNM to answer my question above (or if anyone can guide to the correct answer from SNM).

Denise

STS Shock Cardio Coupon for Download

Yes, as long as you ordered the entire series you will receive a free coupon.

When and how will our coupons be distributed since the downloads are not ready until April? I preordered STS Shock Cardio in late spring of 2009.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.