Questin about the Eat 4 Your Type program

pjlippert

Cathlete
Hi all,

I went ahead and ordered this book since it had mostly stellar reviews on Amazon.

My question is regaring my son's health. He has struggled with ALL types of allergies, asthma and eczema his entire life. He is Epi-pen alleric to most nuts, fish, and shellfish. He tested negative or glutan and wheat allergies, however. He is due for his allergy testing which we are both dreading and I'll get him tested for wheat and gluten at that time.

My question is this, should I get his blood type tesed and try him on this program as well. His weight is pefect so I wouldn't have him try it t lose weight.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!
Pam

Hi Pam,

After reading what you wrote about your son, I had to post. I too suffer from Asthma / Seasonal allergies, which would also trigger severe anxiety and LOTS of other issues that set me back on a daily basis. Since I have been on this diet, I have not suffered from one of those things that I listed above, AND what's even more crazy, is that I have not taken my Allgera or Advair disk in weeks for my Asthma. On the other hand, if your son IS allergic to certain foods, I would still have him avoid those foods at all costs. Regardless of what any diet states. Chances are, what the Eat Right book says will be OK for your son to eat , and will be right on for him. Foods are brokend into " Avoid" "Nuetral", and "Beneficial" categories for each blood type. From meats, right down to condiments ( which they say are bad for pretty much every one.) Obviously if it states Shellfish is a 'beneficial' food for him , then they are wrong and he should not eat it, but at any rate:
( this is funny ) even though the book is written by a Dr. , you should probably run it by your Dr. First . :p

Note: The book also states that even if you don't have to loose weight, it should still be followed due to it's benefits on each person's specific blood type. He'll be fine as far as the weight goes .

Glad you're trying it !! It's really interesting and fun to eat/live by.

~Morgs~

Hi Morgs!

Thank you sooo much for the info! I am always trying new things to help his little body to just get to a healthier more "normal" place. The goal of course is to get him off of all meds.

I can't wait to try it out on both of us! I'll let you know how it works!

Pam:D

I have been on the diet for about 14 years because of severe allergies as well. My allergies are very much under control and only get out of control when I eat things that are not on the diet.

My kids have been on it since they were 5 years old and the other from weaning. They have allergies, but they never act up. They are now 19 and 14 and I still get comments from teachers about them never being sick or missing school. They are both slim and healthy and the 19 year old is very muscular but in a lean athletic way.

If you suffer from allergies, you should definitely start on the program. Dr. D now has an online SWAMI diet that takes into consideration health issues from a genetic point of view. It is a personalized diet, I started on it last year and have since lost 15 lbs and my minor health complaints have completely cleared up. I haven't been sick in over 10 years and I am over 50 and I still don't have any grey hair!!!

I cannot eat grains or most dairy, and my specific diet is fish/fowl meat and vegetable heavy (lots of Alzheimers, allergies and arthritis in my family).

Hi all,

I went ahead and ordered this book since it had mostly stellar reviews on Amazon.

My question is regaring my son's health. He has struggled with ALL types of allergies, asthma and eczema his entire life. He is Epi-pen alleric to most nuts, fish, and shellfish. He tested negative or glutan and wheat allergies, however. He is due for his allergy testing which we are both dreading and I'll get him tested for wheat and gluten at that time.

My question is this, should I get his blood type tesed and try him on this program as well. His weight is pefect so I wouldn't have him try it t lose weight.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!
Pam

It sounds like your son's problems are serious enough to not get advice meant for the masses out of a book. I would go see a registered dietitian (not a nutritionist) after the allergy testing and get some specific recommendations.

Interesting to note is that I saw numerous allergists and dietitians before I started with this diet and the allergists and dietitians were not able to find the key that helped.

The allergists did say what I was allergic to but they could only offer shots and the dietitians gave me the party line, eat more grains and reduce meat etc which always made them worse.

Believe it or not, this book pin pointed why I had allergies and I have been able to hold them at bay for 14 years.

Not to be a downer, just sharing my experience. My sister and I have the same blood type, but totally differ in what we can eat. She bought this book and it did nothing for her. I was a bit skeptical as well how just having a certain blood type can dictate your food allergies or intolerances, maybe I'm missing something here. I hope it works for you though!

I found out a few years ago that I'm allergic to whey/dairy, bananas, eggs and red kidney beans. I read the book afterwards and for my blood type it said to avoid some of those particular foods. I thought that was kind of interesting....

Great advice to also meet with a Nutritionist/Dietician... that would be the ONE area I haven't explored with him! I have literally taken him to 12 different allegists through the course of his life and I think I finally found one I like. She's a D.O. like our doctor so she is not on the let's-drug-him bandwagon, which I appreciate sooo much! I'll be she has a good recommendation for a Nutritionist.

See, that's my thinking is that there is somethig systemicly off in his little body that does NOT need to be cured by drugs (I hope and pray) but can be healed by changing his diet (even more than I've doe so far). About two years ago I literally threw away 90% of the crap in our pantry and fridde- actually I gave it away. I switched to a MUCH more natural, organic diet with NO food dyes, hydroginated or partially hydroginated crap. It's helped but I think we need to kick it up even further!

I know that NOTHING is a cure all but maybe it's just another part of getting him healthy and happy (and Mommy into those darn size 8's!! :rolleyes::D).

I sooo apreciate all of the feedback so keep it comin'!!!

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.