Q re: use of squat rack in Meso Three leg work

TarHeelMom

Cathlete
Hi Cathe! This morning I previewed Disc 37, the first of the optional squat rack lower body workouts in Meso Three, and I can't WAIT to try it!

Before I give it a whirl, I have a couple of questions for you so that I can make sure I'm handling that heavy barbell correctly. Could you explain how to properly set up and use a squat rack? Is there a recommended height for the rack? (In other words, should you set it so that you need to slightly "duck" under your barbell to get into position to lift it up, or should you set the rack a little higher so that you're able to walk under your barbell?) And once you've got the rack at the correct height, is there a recommended way to get your barbell off the rack, move into position to do your reps, then get the barbell back onto the rack?

Thanks so much for helping! I am really loving how strong and healthy STS is making me feel! :D

What about if you have a HUMAN squat rack? My DH is going to help me by holding the barbell (spotting me). We had to do this for the last leg workout in Meso 2. I realize it may take a few minutes but we don't have a squat rack. :) He doesn't seem to mind either...

I would also like tips on using a squat rack properly. I tried using my DH as my spotter the other day, but he was not taking his job seriously enough and was trying to crack jokes, etc, so I got mad and told him I'm replacing him with a squat rack...:)

I'm just loving STS!

Denise

I would also like tips on using a squat rack properly. I tried using my DH as my spotter the other day, but he was not taking his job seriously enough and was trying to crack jokes, etc, so I got mad and told him I'm replacing him with a squat rack...:)

I'm just loving STS!

Denise

My DH has done that before and it makes me made as he!! I tell him how serious it is and he laughs :confused: Now I have a power tower :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.