Pyramid Upper Body/Lower Body

hey there,

What weight levels do you use for Pyramid Upper Body & Lower Body? I want to increase my upper body strength, but I'm feeling like such a wimp because the heaviest I can do right now is 12 lb dumbells. :-(

How about everyone else? I've only had the dvd for a short while, so I guess it's a work in progress.

For me it depends on the body part. This is where I'm at now but not where I started.

Back - 15, 20, 25
Chest - 12, 15, 20
Shoulders - 4, 7, 10
Triceps Extensions - 15, 20, 25
Kickbacks - 4, 7, 10
Biceps - 12, 15, 20

Lower Body - 25, 35, 45

It takes time but test yourself and go a little bit heavier each time. Even if you can't finish the set at the heavier weight, do what you can at the heavier weight and then finish with the lighter weight.

Jane,

Wow! I have just started trying to do biceps with 20's and the first time I tried I could do only 1! :eek: It felt so much heavier than 15.

I have been stuck on the same weights for quite a while doing PUB. The last time I did the workout I just tried the a heavier set but only did about half of what Cathe and the crew did. That way at least I'm getting some heavier weights in there and will work up to more reps.

Good Luck!

Mary

I have to say that even after months of using PUB, I was never able to increase the weight I used. What enabled me to increase the weight loads on PUB was doing S&H quite intensively. The slower pace and heavier weight really helped me increase strength and power and then coming back to PUB, I am finally able to move on and lift more heavily with this DVD.

What also helps is removing some of the endurance aspect of the workouts in order to be able to increase strength with it. What I mean by this is, slowing down the pace of the exercises, taking small rest breaks in between sets so you can lift more heavily. I am not the only person on these forums to use this approach to PUB.

I do not have any problem with PLB. I have been able to increase my weight load on the barbell from an original 25 pounds to current loads of 55, 60, 65 pounds for all the exercises.

Don't feel like a wimp, just change your approach. You own the DVD, now you get to use it as best it suits you. There is no law saying you have to do it as is. After all, the "as is" approach isn't doing much for you, is it?

Clare

I did PUB last week. I did upper only. I challenged myself with each increment and rested 1 min between sets. This helped me to lift heavier. I guess you'll have to play around with it to see what works for you.

Carmen

You also might want to try using the Pyramid Down premixes. This will allow you to go heavier on the first set since you're not fatigued from the pyramid up.

April

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.