Pyramid DVD

In the pyramid DVD you have an option of pyramiding up only or doing the down only for all of the exercises. My question is what is the point of doing only pyramid up or only pyramid down? Is it just the fewer reps or are you working on something different with your body? For instance doing fewer reps means a larger muscle gain or is that just because you don't want to work as hard that day? Any replies would be greatfully appreciated. Thanks

If you do the full pyramids, it's really only adds about 10 minutes to the workout. Doing the up only (or down only) allows you to go a little heavier, in my opinion, and makes it more of a strength vs endurance workout. I always do the full pyramid in PLB because of the logistics of changing weights on the barbell. But I'll often only do the pyramid up only on PUB so I can use it as an add on to cardio that day.

Diane

My understanding is that if you are pyramiding down you are working to fatigue faster because you are starting heavier. This is a different approach than the usual 3 sets same weight or pyramiding up by increasing your weights with each set. Maybe someone can explain if there are pros and cons of the different approaches.

What results do you get from doing the up only in the pyramid as opposed to when you do both up and down? I'm curious. Thanks guys for all the replies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.