Puzzle mats slipping?

caseysmomgo

Cathlete
I know there have been other threads about workout flooring lately, and I hope you don't mind another question...

I recently moved my workout area from a spare bedroom to the basement so I can have more room. The basement is finished and carpeted. I bought a set of 6 puzzle mats to put down over the carpet while I'm exercising to help my tired feet from the impact of carpet over concrete.:)

However, the mats slide across the floor during the workout and every so often I have to stop to move them back to where I started. Also, when I'm doing things like mountain climbers, squat thrusts, the puzzle pieces pull apart.:mad:

Does anyone have this problem and if so, how did you solve it? (Other than getting new flooring!!) Is there something else that I could be using other than the puzzle mats?

Thanks and have a great day!

A few ideas here. One is to go wall to wall with the puzzle mats- that definitely keeps them from slipping. Another is to put heavy weights on each corner- that may help. And lastly I believe I've seen where some duct tape theirs to the floor.

Great ideas, Catherine. Thanks! I think I'll try heavy wts at the corners, or maybe slip one corner under a sofa leg. If all else fails, I guess I'll have to whip out the duct tape...

It's so discouraging because I was so excited to get the mats for extra cushioning. So the cushioning is fine, but now I'm totally distracted by all the slipping and sliding and I'm getting cranky...:)

Morningstar...too cute!:D You made me smile in the midst of all my crankiness!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.