Puzzle Mats...again

atompki1

Cathlete
Sorry to be beating a dead horse here. I know this has been discussed before, and I have read the threads...BUT....

My exercise room was just tiled with ceramic tile and I need to put some cushion in the room. I don't want to drop a weight and chip the tile. I will not be doing aerobics in this room...only weight lifting. Keeping that in mind, would you go with 5/8th or 7/8th mats?

Thanks in advance for your help :D

My workout haven is in my garage, and I finally got puzzle mats two months ago after living here for 2 1/2 years. I was concerned I would not like them, but I am so very happy with them. They stay together and do not come apart when I do the high impact stuff i do with Cathe and others! I can even use the glide disks on them (without the cloth cover). My space is 8' x 10' and it has been a great purchase.... I just got them from walmart! They are so cushy, I don't have any of the minor issues I used to have because of high impact.

Here is the link:
Gold's Gym 6 Piece Puzzle Mat - Walmart.com

The only thing I would let you know about that might bug you is that the whole mat can kind of shift a bit. But this does not really bother me, I just push it back a few inches. I even bought double sided carpet tape to take care of it, but have not even installed it yet because it just isn't that big of a deal.

i got my mats at lowes. They are on my concrete basement floor and are excellent. That being said, I wouldn't be doing gymnastics on them (not that. i could).

Can you do high impact cardio with the mats? What about moving with step workouts, like pivots and turns, how is that on your knees and ankles? I want a new floor in my workout room and I have no idea what I want and don't want to spend a ton of money on it.

I do high impact and step. My step doesn't move. My feet don't slip. I can not use sliding discs with the mats. If I use those, I will lay down a large wool blanket or go upstairs on the carpet. I haven't had issues with my knees yet.

Can you do high impact cardio with the mats? What about moving with step workouts, like pivots and turns, how is that on your knees and ankles? I want a new floor in my workout room and I have no idea what I want and don't want to spend a ton of money on it.

This is what I said...I regularly do very high impact Cathe workouts on my mat and they work great....also I found that they aren't "sticky" so my feet don't stick to them when I have to turn. In fact, I had to get a little used to their very slight slickness, because i was used to working on carpet. That being said, they are not super slick either....

I have been very happy with this purchase....in fact happier than I thought I would be...I really thought I was going to have to spend a lot of money on flooring to get some cushion...but I did not... And these have been one of my best fitness investments at only $100.

I do high impact and step. My step doesn't move. My feet don't slip. I can not use sliding discs with the mats. If I use those, I will lay down a large wool blanket or go upstairs on the carpet. I haven't had issues with my knees yet.

Contrary to 2121 I CAN used my disks with my Golds gym puzzle mats. They will slide right over the mat without the fabric cover.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.