Push-Up Challenge / Fund Raiser

Aquajock

Cathlete
Good afternoon, all!

I got approval from the group fitness coordinator of my club to do a personal fund-raiser for the American Red Cross Disaster Relief fund on Saturday, September 29, 2001. Between now and then I'll be asking for sponsors for the following:

At 10:30 a.m., after I've finished teaching my water fitness class, I'm going to plunk my toes onto a platform and do as many straight-legged push-ups as I can straight through (only rests allowed at the top of the push-up, and for no longer than 5 seconds). People can pledge on a per-push-up basis or a set amount, whichever they prefer.

If anyone here on The Forum would like to participate, please post here and I'll get things organized.

Let's keep on keeping the faith - I so hope everyone had a bit of healing this weekend, if only a bit. It's going to be a long road.

Love,

Annette

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-17-01 AT 06:32PM (Est)[/font][p]WOW Annette! I am impressed! I will totally sponsor you! Anyone who commits to doing pushups, straight-legged at that, for fundraising has my support!

Let me know the details when you have them. I'd like my pledge to be in memory of my best friend's father who was lost in the plane over the pentagon. He will be sorely missed by many.

Thanks Annette.

marnie

RE: To Marnie

Hi, Marnie! Thank you so much for your response! I learned just this morning that my club corporate is organizing its own system-wide fundraiser, and my regional manager is trying to get my Push-Ups For America tied in with that.

I will let you know here on this Open Discussion forum as soon as I know what the scoop is, and provide you with my e-mail address so that we can coordinate the particulars.

Again, thank you. My deepest sympathies to you, and your best friend for the loss of her father.

Annette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.